GLITCHES WITH NAS1 AND NAS2 SETUPS. ALSO Apple iPad iOs question.

• First, I was careful setting up OMV. I kept NotePad and recorded all IDs/Passwords, key information.

I linked them to workstation PC (Windows 7 PeodwaaionL 7YR OLD PC) and BRAND NEW HP LAPTOP (WINDOWS 10 S)

lAPTOP LOST ACCESS TO NAS1 saying password was wrong / but it was right as I logged in when I set it up. AND NOTEPAD matched info. so I disconnected it from laptop. Reconnected it today and it is running fine.

Nas2 went off line completely. I quickly added it back to both PCs. IT IS running today but haven't tried to access it yet. I will within the hour.

workstation has tons of data to backup which will be a good test.

ANOTHER ITEM:

2x iPads both have tons of data that needs backup. I gotta figure out APPLE OS iOS V10.3.3 ( NEWEST IT WILL SUPPORT)
    I DONT KNOW iOs AND HOW TO SETUP NAS.

if THERE IS ANYONE THAT CAN GIVE DIRECTION, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. (I SEARCHED FORUM BUT NOTHING CAME UP. MAYBE I SEARCHED WRONG.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

2x iPads both have tons of data that needs backup. I gotta figure out APPLE OS iOS V10.3.3 ( NEWEST IT WILL SUPPORT)

if THERE IS ANYONE THAT CAN GIVE DIRECTION, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. (I SEARCHED FORUM BUT NOTHING CAME UP. MAYBE I SEARCHED WRONG.

I do not use iOS, but I think you can also connect to SMB/CIFS shares from an iPad.

Edit: there is also the netatalk plugin, which implements the AppleTalk Protocol Suite. In the "configuration" forum you find some posts related to this in the AFP section. As I understand AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) is one part of the AppleTalk Protocol.
    But if you are using WIndows and iOS, it seems to be more simple to use SMB/CIFS for both.

• 2x iPads both have tons of data that needs backup. I gotta figure out APPLE OS iOS V10.3.3 ( NEWEST IT WILL SUPPORT)

What exactly do you mean with "tons of data"?

Depending on what you want to save exactly I can give you some information. (Contacts, Calendar? Or do you have it at apple`s icloud? Photos?...?)

• Hey Wast,
    I have lots of photos from over the years. I have word and excel documents that are crucial. I have pdf docs, I have image of important docs. Contacts is crucial to me.
    no music or no movies. lol
    4-5k count in pictures and home videos. not sure about document types count. I don't believe iTunes downloads contacts and documents. (Plus my power/data female plug on one iPad is loose from mother board and about to totally disconnect. That interrupts iTunes connection/download to a PC.

I believe in a MAC MACHINE you can easily connect to OMV. but iPad is a protected BEAST by APPLE IT SEEMS. LOL

ONCE I CAPTURE THAT DATA OFF iPads, I will get a good SBC that will handle most anything and last in performance. I was looking at the new RockPro64 as it is loaded with current technology (DDR4 memory, USB 3 PORTS, USB C PORT, GIGABIT ETHER, AND CARD TO CONNECT 2 SATA SSD DRIVES...

BUT FIRST THIS ISSUE OF GETTING DATA off these machines to NAS.

MACOM,
    I WILL SEARCH CONFIGURATION FORUM FOR SOME GOOD BITES. HAS TO BE SIMPLIFIED FOR A NOOB.LOL

THANKS TO YOU BOTH!

WAST, IF YOU COME ACROSS ANYTHING OR IDEAS LET ME KNOW. I MAY NEED A VIDEO OR CALL OTP TO WALK THRU IT.

I USED TWO OMV VIDEOS TO INSTALL OMV AND GET IT RUNNING IN 2 1/2 DAYS.. LOL

TODAY ON OMV. NO HICKUPS SO FAR. … STRANGE.

• Don´t you use iCloud? Thats for almost everything except Photos.

For Photos you can use for example:
    https://www.photosync-app.com/

Securely backup photos & videos to any NAS, mobile storage device or personal cloud over SMB, (S)FTP or WebDav. PhotoSync works flawlessly with Synology, Western Digital, QNAP, Netgear, Seagate, Toshiba, SanDisk, Buffalo…

Where are your PDFs as well as your other important docs saved? Or what app do you use to open/modify them?

• Wast,

Thank you so much for that software info. I downloaded it on my old pc running windows 7. but did not use it to send files to NAS. AS YOU KNOW I have direct access to NAS on that pc and the laptop.

I noticed in opening it, I cannot select location where to sync the data to. So does that mean for the iPads that I sync it with the Laptop or the PC deskside computer?

app to app sync?

I tried to read it last night....website but was to tired. I successfully backed up my 12yr old PC. WOW what a ton of data LOL. I found lost wedding pictures ! lol
    Wife has crawled me since 2012 asking where the wedding photo cd was put. lol I never found cd BUT I found every single picture the photographer took. hahahahha

I just told her this morning, she is happy. She had given up on me on that issue. We were married in Philippines. I came home afterwards. It took 2yrs paperwork just to get my wife here.

I think I gave the cd of photos accidentally to my neighbor as he had let me borrow a box of movies on cd. Now I will ask him to search through them. LOL!
    She had the wedding video. we had photographers and videographers both. (inexpensive in Philippines_). Wedding was huge but cheap also

• Wast,

Thank you so much for that software info. I downloaded it on my old pc running windows 7. but did not use it to send files to NAS. AS YOU KNOW I have direct access to NAS on that pc and the laptop.

I noticed in opening it, I cannot select location where to sync the data to. So does that mean for the iPads that I sync it with the Laptop or the PC deskside computer?

app to app sync?

I tried to read it last night....website but was to tired. I successfully backed up my 12yr old PC. WOW what a ton of data LOL. I found lost wedding pictures ! lol
    Wife has crawled me since 2012 asking where the wedding photo cd was put. lol I never found cd BUT I found every single picture the photographer took. hahahahha

I just told her this morning, she is happy. She had given up on me on that issue. We were married in Philippines. I came home afterwards. It took 2yrs paperwork just to get my wife here.

I think I gave the cd of photos accidentally to my neighbor as he had let me borrow a box of movies on cd. Now I will ask him to search through them. LOL!
    She had the wedding video. we had photographers and videographers both. (inexpensive in Philippines_). Wedding was huge but cheap also

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!