Acer H340 Drive LEDs

• hi!
    maybe this question is a bit too "specific" but i don't where too ask for support.
    i've installed openmediavault 4 on my old acer h340 homeserver and it works very good.
    to access the drive LEDs, a special daemon called "mediasmartserverd" is needed (https://github.com/merelin/mediasmartserverd).
    i have compiled the daemon and started it with "--activity" command line switch and all LEDs light up in blue.
    normally, the drive activity is indicated with flickering LEDs in blue/pink ... but not with openmediavault.
    if i install ubuntu 16.04 LTS everything works as expected ... with the same daemon binary.
    does anyone have an idea what can cause this issue?
    i tried to contact the author of "mediasmartserverd" but did not get a response.
    any comment could be helpful.
    greetings
    arni

• Offizieller Beitrag

"Mediasmart-serverd" (from your link) was originally intended for the HP 485 media server - and while the author said he tested it with the HP 485, he was pretty specific in noting that he didn't test it with anything else. Clearly, being tested on one platform with one operating system, his app couldn't even be considered to be an "alpha" release.

I have an Acer RC-111 that was, originally, an MS Homeserver. I have blinking hard drive lights (white) with OMV but, even if I didn't I wouldn't care. The Acer cube is in the basement, I can't see the lights, but I know the drives are spinning. That's what matters.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!