OMV, Docker and Plex - Container immediately exits and dies

• Gots me a brand new RPi for a little home NAS since my router's USB connection likes to die whenever it feels like it. I installed OMV and setup Samba to great effect and little troubles. I figured I'd try Plex since I had run a server on a spare system a while back and thought I'd give it another shot here. Initially, I tried using the OMV plugin, but got near the point of throwing the Pi off the roof after 6 hours of fighting it "running" but "not running". Then I came across some youtube vids and flvinny's guide to using a docker container.

I followed the latter to the letter and when I start the container, it immediately exists the process, updates the state to "dead" and the only line in the log is:

Code
    standard_init_linux.go:190: exec user process caused "exec format error"

I haven't been able to find much on that error except for references to being the wrong hardware/software match, but that makes little sense to me, granted I'm a bit of a luddite to Linux/Debian.

I've double checked to make sure my PUID and GUID are correct and I also went in to chown the /.config folder to my [docker] user, but nothing is working. I don't think I've missed any steps. Did it twice. I also followed the new Storage container steps thinking that might make a difference, but twas not the case.

I'd appreciate any help. More than willing to provide terminal outputs here if it helps narrow down the problems. Thanks!

• If you are using the linuxserver/plex image it is incorrect for your hardware.

You should be using the lsioarmhf/plex image instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yeah, that was it. Guess my initial search of the error actually did make sense, I just didn't connect the dots / know there was a separate repos. Says it's running now, but loading up the web interface says it can't find the server, which I'll continue to troubleshoot since it's probably not docker/omv related. That is, unless someone knows why that might be?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jedimasta () aus folgendem Grund: removed "cant remove image" question. did a force remove via CLI.

• Maybe it is docker related. I dunno. I decided to try use the CLI with the following:

Seems to work okay. I don't see errors and it shows up in the OMV GUI. I start it up and it stays running but when I load up the plex web interface, it doesn't find any servers. Here's my log:

• Much of the additional parameters in what I provided above were added in an attempt to troubleshoot, adding port specific info, Plex claim code, etc... so that I could come back here and say yes to "well, did you try this:" from other links. which I had.

I've done as you suggested and run

Code
    docker create --name=plex --net=host -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=100 -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA/config:/config -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA/movies:/movies -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA/transcode:/transcode lsioarmhf/plex

in accordance with the hub's instructions from the link, but I get the same result. Plex's page loads up at the local address, but no servers are found. If I log in as a new user, I get the "do you want a Plex pass" splash screen while the 'Looking for servers' sits and spins in the top left while the main page area just offers links to downloading Plex media servers.

I loaded up and did a capture of the web inspection window. Does the output here indicate anything to anyone?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!