How to define privileges for Syncthing?

• Greetings,

I run Syncthing plugin on OMV 4 to sync files between the server and my phone. Everything works fine except Syncthing doesn't respect shared folder privileges.

Syncthing service is ran under user 'syncthing' who is only in group 'syncthing'. The user 'syncthing' only has RW access to shared folder 'phone' at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-storage/Phone. However using syncthing web UI I can add folder at any location like /srv/dev-disk-by-label-storage/test and it will happily sync files to this folder.

How can I restrict syncthing access to only /srv/dev-disk-by-label-storage/Phone? This is not a huge issue but I'm trying to understand why the privileges don't work here. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

syncthing only looks at the filesystem privileges. It knows nothing of OMV. If you created the syncthing user in the OMV web interface, that user is in the users group. Shared folders by default are owned by the users group which would mean the syncthing user has access to them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!