Wake on LAN with Dell Poweredge T20

• I am running OMV 4 on my Dell Poweredge T20. So far, so good, I have my data on a 3x 4TB RAIDZ1 and I am able to access that via the network. However, I am still missing Wake on Lan functionality, or better "Wake on Access": When I was still using the T20 as a desktop PC (and server) running Windows 10, I could simply access the network shares from my laptop to wake it up from S3 standby after enabling "This device can wake up the computer" in the device manager. I would preferably have the same feature now using OpenMediaVault so that I can simply click the shares in explorer and have the NAS come online instead of having to send a WoL magic packet. Is that possible?

For now I "simply" tried setting up Wake on LAN, but not even that is working properly. Short summary of my network: my router is a Unitymedia ConnectBox, the T20 and my laptop are both connected to a gigabit ethernet switch (Netgear GS108GE), which is linked to the router through a Wifi repeater (TP-Link TL-WA850RE). The reason for that is to have a fast (1000 MBit/s) connection between my laptop and the server, while the router is sitting in another room. The router acts as a DHCP server while the repeater only passes on DHCP requests, but it replaces the first 6 characters of the MAC addresses of the devices connected to it with the first 6 characters of its own MAC address.
    I now activated Wake on LAN in the T20's UEFI (running a Dell T1700 BIOS, version A23, to enable S3 standby) as well as in the network interface settings in OMV. However if I send a WoL packet (using mc-wol.exe) to the T20's MAC address (with altered first 6 characters or not), nothing happens.

Could you help me set this up correctly?

Thank you very much in advance!

• Hey, I dont bring any solution but I have the same kind of problem.

If I put my NAS on standby and try to WOL it boot the NAS but he is not showing up in my network and I need to shutdown and boot it manually directly from the NAS himself to make it work again, I dont know what's going wrong. (I got the WOL plugin)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!