Webinterface not reachable after uninstall pihole

• Hi together,

i have some issues with my omv webinterface.

After a long working time i've uninstalled pihole which was in a parallel install next to omv.
    Now i'm unable to reach the webinterface and every website configured in the nginx glugin from omv.

Tried omv-firstaid and want to change the port to 8000 (standard in my config and was working all the time) but i receive the following error:
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart 'nginx' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Guess there is something wrong with the config of the nginx but i don't know were to check this.

Thanks for support
    Sascha

omv 4.1.9 arrakis | Kernel 4.17.0-0.bpo.1 | 64bit
    Parallel installed: tvheadend 4.3

• I recentyl messed up with Nginx my OMV installation...(spoiler: i reinstalled OMV)

Tried few things but no luck.

No big trouble for me. I may have been a good thing aswell as i did some test and my setup was not that fresh anymore.
    RAID 5 showed up instantly in new installation - docker helped me restart all my services quicky.
    Just had to recreate users, ftp and plex but it was really quick.

Long story short:
    A quick reinstall will probably spare you time and probably some late troubles.

• Sooooo...

After some compare between server and the backup server i figured out the issue and was able to bring the web page and all nginx sides back. 8o:thumbup:

Solution was to rename the file "lighttpd.conf" in somethink like lighttpd.conf.bak

Actually i try to figure out more about lighttpd and why this was the reason stopping nginx from working.

• Good to hear you get out of this:-)

• Jap.
    Wasn't that difficult after putting all parts together,

Lighttdp is also a webserver.
    After the successful install of pihole in the past i remember to change the port of the pihole website to another port because port 80 was in use by nginx.

Now, after the uninstall of pihole i guess the config of the modified port was also gone. So lighttdp tries to listen also to port 80.
    One of both was fist to get this port and in my case it was lighttdp who listen on this port first and nginx was not able to start.

So disable lighttdp and delete the config of port 80 it was free again for nginx.

Hope me conclusion of that issue is right and will maybe help someone else.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!