Shared folders: unable to create new, edit or change privileges

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Shared folders: unable to create new, edit or change privileges

Hello!

I have OMV 4.1.9 (clean installation) with linux software raid5 (volume MD127, clean, created with OMV 3.x, lately mounted on new 4.x OMV server, i do not know but may be this is important)
      Volume contains 6 shared folders, some of them created on old 3.x server, some - on new 4.x
      Everything working fine, all folders are accessible,
      BUT
      some time ago i`ve noticed what any operation with shared folders section ended with the error after "Apply" button is pressed

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount failed. See "systemctl status sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
      2. Error #0:
      3. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount failed.
      4. See "systemctl status sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      5. Stack trace:
      6. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
      7. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(160): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('restart', NULL, false)
      8. #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sharedfolders.inc(66): OMV\System\SystemCtl->restart()
      9. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSharedfolders->startService()
      10. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      11. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      12. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      13. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusLp...', '/tmp/bgoutputhJ...')
      14. #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      15. #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      16. #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      17. #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      18. #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      19. #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      20. #14 {main}
      Display All

systemctl status sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount

Source Code

1. root@NASserver1:~# systemctl status sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount
      2. ● sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount - Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP
      3. Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      4. Active: active (mounted) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-08-29 15:50:02 MSK; 12min ago
      5. Where: /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP
      6. What: /dev/md127
      7. Process: 20067 ExecUnmount=/bin/umount /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP (code=exited, status=32)
      8. Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
      9. CGroup: /system.slice/sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount
      10. авг 29 13:43:32 NASserver1 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP.
      11. авг 29 14:47:04 NASserver1 systemd[1]: Unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP...
      12. авг 29 14:47:04 NASserver1 systemd[1]: sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=32
      13. авг 29 14:47:04 NASserver1 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP.
      14. авг 29 15:14:19 NASserver1 systemd[1]: Unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP...
      15. авг 29 15:14:19 NASserver1 systemd[1]: sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=32
      16. авг 29 15:14:19 NASserver1 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP.
      17. авг 29 15:50:02 NASserver1 systemd[1]: Unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP...
      18. авг 29 15:50:02 NASserver1 systemd[1]: sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=32
      19. авг 29 15:50:02 NASserver1 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP.
      Display All
      "WORKSHOP" in the code above is one of the 6 shared folders. journalctl said that some of the shared folders was unmounted? but in the case of WORCKSHOP -

NASserver1 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP.

This situation rep every time when i try to add the new shared folder, change permissions or privileges or even try to add comments to the folder!

Please, point me where to dig the roots of this problem!

UPDATE:

I`ve tried to look on the content of RAID root dir and found this

Source Code

1. root@NASserver1:~# ls /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA
      2. ADDTestFolder aquota.group aquota.user DATA_ARHIV DOCS GoodSync HOME lost+found MEDIA Nemo plexmediaserver PRESENTATIONS TimeMashine VirtuaBoxer WORKSHOP www WWW
      3. root@NASserver1:~#
      The first Folder in the list "ADDTestFolder" is the folder i`ve tried to add via OMV shared folders section of web interface. It IS ACTUALLY ADDED but i got an error and this folder is absent in OMV shared folders list

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vkuts2 ().

• What does

Shell-Script

1. # systemctl cat sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount

show?
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • votdev wrote:

What does

Shell-Script

1. # systemctl cat sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount

show?
      smth like this:

Source Code

1. root@NASserver1:~# systemctl cat sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount
      2. # /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-WORKSHOP.mount
      3. # This configuration file is auto-generated.
      4. [Unit]
      5. Description=Mount shared folder WORKSHOP to /sharedfolders/WORKSHOP
      6. DefaultDependencies=no
      7. After=zfs-mount.service
      8. Conflicts=umount.target
      9. RequiresMountsFor=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/WORKSHOP /sharedfolders
      10. [Mount]
      11. What=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/WORKSHOP
      12. Where=/sharedfolders/WORKSHOP
      13. Type=none
      14. Options=bind,nofail
      15. [Install]