OMV4 over Debian in a NAS Qnap TS-221

• Hi all,

This is my first post so let me to introduce: I'm Rubén from Spain, Linux and Debian user since a lot of years (+18) and I reach OMV a few weeks ago.

Thank you all developers for your great work, OMV looks really nice and simpler to do regular admin task and to integrate services for a NAS.

How the subject says I install Debian on a Qnap TS-221 NAS (like othere users), not without problems, concretly I install Jessie (Debian 8 ) and upgrade to Stretch (Debian 9).

After this, I try to install OMV (4.1.10) by Softy application from Armbian but fails (perhaps due to 4.x kernel problems with this CPU platform): softy add repo but fails to install, so I finish it with "apt install openmediavault" and OMV4 is installed.

First of several issues I encounter is to change default password for admin user, I can't change by terminal:

Code
    # su admin
    This account is currently not available.

or by WebGUI (admin user is not on the user list, I don't know is this is correct or not), but finally I change it with "omv-firstaid". I changed it to coincide with my root pasword.

• (Continue due to 10.000 character limits)

After of this, I active OMV-extrasplugin with the idea of use Docker,
    Transmission and other services. I read that repositories for Docker, Plex and
    others is not available for Arm platfform, so I guess I can't to install Docker
    plugin for control containers, a pity. But, I can't find Transmission plugin for
    example, in fact appears that plugin list is not refresh and ever is showed
    sames plugins. I revised some doc and videos but don't find a solution for this.

Another issue I have is I can't create shared folders, when I try to add one, I
    can't select a device and assistant don't let me to continue. (I can't attach a image, forum says me that I reached 10.000 character limit, but I think that you can understand me.)

I need to explain that I have all my partitions in Debian installation, and have
    a data partition mount under /media/ within a RAID 1 system:

Code
    # mount |grep md
    /dev/md2 on / type btrfs (rw,relatime,space_cache)
    cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
    systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=32,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
    /dev/md3 on /media/Almadebo type btrfs (rw,relatime,space_cache)
    /dev/md1 on /boot type ext2 (rw,relatime,stripe=4)

This is all for the moment, without shared folders I don't continue with
    anymore.

I need a bit help here, thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another issue I have is I can't create shared folders, when I try to add one, I
    can't select a device and assistant don't let me to continue.

You have to mount the drives using the GUI of OMV. Otherwise OMV is not aware of these drives. Do not mount the drives using CLI.

• Thanks @macom, you are right, was this.

So, I view that my data partition is mounted now on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Datos and not in my fstab route.

Then, is better that I deleted the entry on fstab, right?

Thanks so much.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When the drive is mounted via the GUI of OMV, there should be a section in fstab starting with

# >>> [openmediavault]

There should be an entry for this drive in this section.

Do not edit this section.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!