Usage of / @ 100% -- HOW?

• Hi all,

I recently noticed my raspberry pi was unavailable on my network so I decided to check it out. I noticed it was running in emergency mode ad warned me that / is at maximum capacity. After some digging around on the forum I found a few commands to report back where the problem came from.

As the problem seemed to come from /var I checked the folder, but it reports a different file size.

Code
    root@raspberrypi:/var# ls -s -h
    total 129M
    4.0K agentx   4.0K folder2ram     0 lock  4.0K opt    128M swap
    4.0K backups  4.0K lib            0 log      0 run       0 tmp
    4.0K cache    4.0K local       4.0K mail     0 spool  4.0K www

Can someone help me figure this out?

"Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters."

• Then I did the same in /var/lib/

Seems like Plex is the problem. Why does it need so much space when the service isn't even running? And how do I solve it?

• The install of the OMV Plex plugin defaults to placing the metadata Library on /var. As your metadata grows, this can easily fill up the rootfs on a small OS drive.

The solution is to use the plugin to relocate it to one of your data drives. Be patient when doing this as, depending on the size of the Library, this can take a lot of time.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• That makes sense. However, when I'm checking the Database Folder in Plex setup, it's located on my actual HDD. I assume that's the field you mention, right?

• Yes, that is the field.

What do you mean by "it's located on my actual HDD"?

Post a screenshot.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• When you set it to use that drive did you save, apply the changes, and wait until the process completed? If so you should be able to safely remove the /plexmediaserver directory from /var.

--

• This drive has been set up as Database Volume since I've set up Plex. On the HDD there's a Plex Library folder, however the last time it's been modified was in January '18.

My theory is as follows: I had some problems with my HDD around that time and I remember solving it with the CLI. The current Database Folder reads /srv/dev-by-disk-by-lable-MyPassport/plexmediaserver. However, when I check File Systems it's named dev/sda1/

Could it be that, rather than using the HDD folder, Plex started downloading metadata in the default folder?

I've found this which seems to offer a solution. I'll try that out and report back.

• If the metadatabase folder hasn't been modified in more than 8 months it isn't being used. You need to try resetting it again if possible. If you can't, then you will have to remove the plugin and reinstall it and then specify the library location. You may lose some or even all of the metadata, but unless you made hand edits to it, it's all replaceable via download.

The link you posted that alludes to a solution is very old and mostly non applicable.

--

• Wasn't able to reset so I ended up re-installing the plugin, which has finally solved the problem. Thank you so much for your help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!