OMV 3.x to 4.x issue

    • OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • OMV 3.x to 4.x issue

      Hi,

      I wanted to make the upgrade from OMV 3.x to 4.x.

      I first checked that my plugins were compatible with OM 4.x then upgraded.

      See attached a screenshot of the end of the operation.


      I saw the Python issue, and try to fix it by editing the followin lines:
      - line 109: defremove(wr, selfref=ref(self)): replace with:def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self), _atomic_removal=_remove_dead_weakref):
      - line 117:_remove_dead_weakref(d, wr.key) replace with:_atomic_removal(d, wr.key)


      I was trying to find some clues after that, but I had to shut down the server for a while (eletrical maintenance in the neighborhood).
      Anywway, after powering it back on, I can see that:
      - transmission is working, as well as Samba and SSH
      - when trying to connect to the WebGui: 502 Bad Gateway |Nginx

      The only "unusual" thing about this setup is that I run Transmission this way. No idea if it could have interfere in the upgrading process.

      I don't mind starting back on a fresh version of OMV 4.x if that's the best way to go, but I want to keep my current configuration based on a MegerFS pool & Snapraid.

      Thanks!
      Images
      • upgrade OMV 4.x.png

        40.27 kB, 975×450, viewed 166 times
    • I tried to figure what was happening but it was a nightmare (as far as my knowledge goes).

      I had a spare SSD around so I used it to test a fresh install of OMV 4.x on it.

      Once done, I rebooted with data and parity drives connected, but couldn't do a thing as errors popped up.

      I disconnected the drives, booted again and install Snapraid and Mergerfs plugins. Reconnected the drives, rebooted fine this time, then I recreated the pool and Snapraid configuration (took me <1min). My data & parity disks were recognised as on my previous OMV 3.x version.

      This operation didn't do a thing to my data in the process.

      And Voilà, all is up and running!

      In the end, I would be curious to know what caused the issue in the first place...

      The post was edited 2 times, last by yayaya ().