OMV 3.x to 4.x issue

• Hi,

I wanted to make the upgrade from OMV 3.x to 4.x.

I first checked that my plugins were compatible with OM 4.x then upgraded.

See attached a screenshot of the end of the operation.

I saw the Python issue, and try to fix it by editing the followin lines:
    - line 109: defremove(wr, selfref=ref(self)): replace with:def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self), _atomic_removal=_remove_dead_weakref):
    - line 117:_remove_dead_weakref(d, wr.key) replace with:_atomic_removal(d, wr.key)

I was trying to find some clues after that, but I had to shut down the server for a while (eletrical maintenance in the neighborhood).
    Anywway, after powering it back on, I can see that:
    - transmission is working, as well as Samba and SSH
    - when trying to connect to the WebGui: 502 Bad Gateway |Nginx

The only "unusual" thing about this setup is that I run Transmission this way. No idea if it could have interfere in the upgrading process.

I don't mind starting back on a fresh version of OMV 4.x if that's the best way to go, but I want to keep my current configuration based on a MegerFS pool & Snapraid.

Thanks!

• I tried to figure what was happening but it was a nightmare (as far as my knowledge goes).

I had a spare SSD around so I used it to test a fresh install of OMV 4.x on it.

Once done, I rebooted with data and parity drives connected, but couldn't do a thing as errors popped up.

I disconnected the drives, booted again and install Snapraid and Mergerfs plugins. Reconnected the drives, rebooted fine this time, then I recreated the pool and Snapraid configuration (took me <1min). My data & parity disks were recognised as on my previous OMV 3.x version.

This operation didn't do a thing to my data in the process.

And Voilà, all is up and running!

In the end, I would be curious to know what caused the issue in the first place...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!