Upgrading to 4.0 - Disk Compatibility

• Good day all,

Firstly love the product I've been using 3 for quite a while (and 2 before that!)

I'm looking to make the jump to 4.0 and would be happy to do a fresh install, my only concern is the data stored on my "storage" disks, will I be able to add the disks and create new shares on them using the existing data - without wiping them all? I have several terrabytes of data and don't really want the time to copy it all back. Currently all my drives are formatted EXT4, and there is no RAID configured.

Also is there a list somewhere I can check my plug ins against? I'd like to make sure they are all compatible before making the upgrade.

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

will I be able to add the disks and create new shares on them using the existing data - without wiping them all?

Yes. You might have to fix some permissions if the new users you create have a different user ID than your previous installs. The resetperms plugin can help with that.

Also is there a list somewhere I can check my plug ins against?

All of the core OMV 4.x plugins have been ported. You can find a list of omv-extras plugins at omv-extras.org

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!