raid 5 to raid 6 conversion when adding drive

• For additional detail, I was able to get the raid back up by recreating it with the same disks and it came up clean. The raid now has a different name, could this by why the filesystem will not mount because it is looking for a different raid name. The device name is still /dev/md127 but the raid name changed from omv2:raid5 to omv2:127. Could this be my issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

For additional detail, I was able to get the raid back up by recreating it with the same disks and it came up clean. The raid now has a different name, could this by why the filesystem will not mount because it is looking for a different raid name. The device name is still /dev/md127 but the raid name changed from omv2:raid5 to omv2:127. Could this be my issue?

Did you use the create flag to get it to come back up instead of the assemble flag??? If so, I have warned people many, many times against doing that since it creates a new array. It is possible the filesystem is gone.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

assemble was not working so I tried create.

I didn't see in any of your posts where you did an --assemble --force and specify all 7 drives. I was going to recommend it but you had already done the create.

Anyway to confirm the filesystem is gone?

While the filesystems should show it, what is the output of: blkid

If so what is the best way to remove the references to it?

remove shared folders from plugins
    remove shared folders
    unmount filesystem (not necessary in this case)
    delete filesystem if it says it isn't referenced. If you can't do this, remove the entry from mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• While the filesystems should show it, what is the output of: blkid

• Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't look like it survived.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!