There is no files in NAS

• There is no files in NAS

Hello everybody.

I am using OMV with 4 NAS disks 2 years. But when using transmission (torrent plugin) it gives an error. I restarted the NAS. When it is ok I just look in folder (via ftp client and file browser in windows) There are no files in NAS. Configuration is ok, I saw user name and shared folders. But there are no files.

Please help me. All files are deleted? Or a bug?

My Freenas system details;
      Version: 3.0.88 (Erasmus)
      Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @2,60GHz
      Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

I seeing directories in shared folders but in the file system missing.. Please look attachments;

Pictures:

https://prnt.sc/krb81h
      https://prnt.sc/krb7s5
      prnt.sc/krb8ne
      prnt.sc/krb8s7
    • huseyinergen wrote:

I connected with ssh. How i check what is on the disks? I saw disks on web gui.
      Can i browse files on disk with ssh? Or connect on the windows or linux os for browse files over on disk?
      from the prompt type cd /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidm
      should now look like root@<server info>:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidm

that means you are now in that folder (as per your ftp pic) then type in ls -l this will display what is in that raid folder
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?
    • Source Code

1. Last login: Fri Sep 7 08:45:09 2018 from 10.0.1.126
      2. root@depom:~# cd /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidm
      3. -bash: cd: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidm: No such file or directory
      4. root@depom:~# cd /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim
      5. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim#
      6. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim#
      7. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim#
      8. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim#
      9. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim#
      10. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim# ls -l
      11. total 4
      12. drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Sep 6 13:22 downloads
      13. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim# ls
      14. downloads
      15. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim# cd downloads/
      16. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim/downloads# ls
      17. finished incomplete
      18. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim/downloads# cd..
      19. -bash: cd..: command not found
      20. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim/downloads# cd ..
      21. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim# ls
      22. downloads
      23. root@depom:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-depom-raidim#
      Display All
      There is a problem with files.. I can not see all files but there are ftp files on nas...

prnt.sc/krl8y7
    • Ignore that ftp folder, what you're interested in is what is under /srv

Just to sure clear your browser cache and login to omv again, are the folders still being displayed in Shared Folders

From your ftp client and from the cli all that's displaying is a folder called downloads.

Whereas in the gui from your screen shot it's showing 12 folders (including the downloads folder) to me that points to some config error/corruption

I updated my omv 3 to 4 without any real issues, with omv 4 there is an option omv-firstaid you run from cli

I don't know if this is in omv 3, probably is, but I have never needed to use it, this might help solve your problem...to me option 5 'might' be the one to run but I don't know.
    • huseyinergen wrote:

How to recovery files on 4 disks?

Can i install a new OMV on a another computer. And attach these disks... Can i recover my files?
      Ok, this is a config problem, the files/data should still be there, but if this was me I would create a Linux boot CD/DVD, this is a live boot it doesn't install but it will allow you to view the files on the raid.
      Another option and I know this has been done is to install webmin, I used this on an Ubuntu server.

But did you clear your browser cache and log back into OMV? to view the shared folders
    • That's going from bad to worse; the first picture is a Ram error I had the same the other day see here the second is telling you that you have 2 failed drives in your raid array hence it won't start, so either the drives have failed or the array is not picking them up.

In respect of the raid have a look through this thread it will give a starting point....'if' the drives have failed and you have no backup then the data is gone!!