OMV is suddenly read only

• Hello all,

I've been trying to solve this myself for the past few hours and I can't figure it out.

I've tried upgrading to version 4 today and was unable to do so, while doing so I noticed some bigger issues.

I've noticed today that any changes made are reverted after a restart. I've researched it and apparently the system may be in a read only mode. I've found no way to change this so far.

While researching I also saw references that this can happen when a flash drive is failing. OMV is installed on a SSD, the flash plugin was installed and SMART shows the SSD as healthy.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Regards
    Antonio

• Try this from a root shell:

mount -o remount, rw /

Then try to do this:

touch /forcefsck

Then reboot.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Something is forcing the filesystem to be mounted read only during the boot process. Try running:

dmesg | more

or

sudo journalctl

and see if you can spot the problem.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If I just wipe the current installation and install OMV 4 on the drive what does that mean for my files which are located on other drives ?

They are in RAID 5. EXT4.

Regards
    Antonio.

• Same problem here :(

Debian 10, snapraid, ext4. On some day suddenly readonly after reboot.

Tried mods from this link with no luck.

Only foreign mod that I installed is "extras" or something like that to run cryptsetup on omv5.

• Then continue with #4 and post the results.

Did you manually change fstab? If yess ,restore the previous version

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Changed fstab with

Code
    UUID=xxx /               ext4    errors=remount-ro

to

Code
    UUID=xxx /               ext4    errors=continue

Nothing else. No success

Deeper problem with report from journatctl (?) seems this

and

Trying solutions.

• can you remount rw?

I do not think the root cause is rrdcached.

You will have to digg through the boot logs.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• can you remount rw?

I do not think the root cause is rrdcached.

You will have to digg through the boot logs.

Yes, but only manually, not after reboot.

Well that is the first readable problem with journalctl :) Glad to find something.

Unfortunately the solution reports 2 errors.

Code
    omv-salt deploy run collectd

works with 0 errors

Code
    omv-salt stage run deploy

works with 2 errors.

Doing system upgrade doesn't end in omv5 upgrade like omv-5.5.x as discriped on that page :(

Is there any command like

Code
    omv-upgrade

? I need to look for that later.

• From

Code
    apt --fix-broken

omv collectd[19285]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)

• try to run omv-upgrade. If this is not there

dpkg -l | grep openm

• Code
    omv-upgrade

Found and running.

Returned code 1 :(

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openm

rc omvextras-unionbackend 5.0.2 all union filesystems backend plugin for openmediavault

rc openmediavault 5.6.26-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

rc openmediavault-diskstats 5.1.1-2 all openmediavault disk monitoring plugin

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

rc openmediavault-luksencryption 5.0.2 all OpenMediaVault LUKS encryption plugin

rc openmediavault-lvm2 5.0.3-1 all openmediavault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin

rc openmediavault-mergerfsfolders 5.1.4 all mergerfs folders plugin for openmediavault.

rc openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.6.6 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

rc openmediavault-snapraid 5.0.8 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.

rc openmediavault-unionfilesystems 5.1.4 all Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.

omv-extras was installed via ppa to use cryptsetup.

Problem discussed here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!