Please help - lost file system but not raid

• Hello

Something has gone wrong for me this evening, and its really important data. I understand the importance of having data in two place but I was in the process this last week of swapping stuff around so was due to copy my photos back to the main pc.

Well any how.

I have a riad set up two disks in raid zero. I had an issue with OMV where the network was not detected I dont think this is related but I managed to get back on ok. I have three raids set up, media, photos and work, the photos raid is showing fine as are the disks. However in file system tabs my photos file system is not showing so I am at a loss as to what to do.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

• I tried moving the drives to a new install of OMV in a different pc this has not helped.

Here are screen shots, as you can see smart is ok, disks are there as is raid, in the filesystem tab there should be a photos filesystem.

If I goto add filesystem the photos raid is available, I did not create a new file system

Sorry I am trying to add images but not having much success

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a riad set up two disks in raid zero.

Dangerous...

Did you recreate the arrays when you re-installed? What is the output of blkid

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi yes in retrospect Raid 0 is dangerous, not even sure of the long lost reasons I did it.

The other two raids are the same, but backed up elsewhere

Here is BLIKD

I am not an expert but its like the XFS for the photos raid never existed, but it does honest!

• I also notice that for some it says primaryserver and for others it says optimusprime. I think this is because I moved these disks to a new OMV with name change, some time ago. With no issues at the time,

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not an expert but its like the XFS for the photos raid never existed, but it does honest!

The raid array exists but Linux doesn't think there is a filesystem on that array. Again, did you re-create the array when moving to the new system?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• No not at all, I understand this distroys everything. When I moved system everything showed up under disks, raid and filesystem it was just a case of mounting the file system

• The other day I decided I needed a twin nic (not in use) for other duties that was in this OMV. I turned it off and removed the nics then when I turned it back on there was no network. So I shut it down and came back to it yesterday where by I had to check what interfaces there were then adjust in interfaces file to reflect, it then got network fine but only the two file systems workbackup and media.

I am not sure though if this was when the other dissapeared as I have been 'meaning to get round' to the photos folder to put them all on one drive as well. A lesson to anyone I guess, raid and no where else is no back up at all sigh.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not to rub salt in the wound but this is why we say raid isn't backup. Since the array is working, you might be able to recover files with extundelete (if using ext4) or photorec.

• Looking around OMV forum i saw a thread about file systems dissapearing from OMV v4. Or at least thats how I interpreted it. So I download OMV3 and installed that, inserted the disks and booted and boom there is my filesystem

Phew.

I am not clever enough to understand what went wrong, I used the same connections and hardware, long and short is OMV3 saw it. OMV4 did not.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I really can't explain that. I guess I will try to reproduce in a VM.

• What I am doing is getting the data off the drive now. I would be happy after ward to put back in the V4 OMV and generate logs if you tell me how to, I can generate them from V3 as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wasn't able to reproduce this in a VM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!