OMV full root, cannot login, but can ssh, on Server

• I have a server HP proliant DL360p Gen8 will 7 tb for storage and a ssd for the OS. It is basic and simple no frills just a nas with windows storage shares and I run the Clam AV for the file share as well. However i will install OMV and then begin transfer of data from my old nas. I then notice that my root file system is almost completely full, I cannot log into t eh gui but I can ssh. I then cannot even access the file share so the transfer stops of course. I am perplex at why this would be happening. I ran du -hx --max-depth=1 / to find that inside /var is where data is ballooning. what could be causing this sort of issue and how can I avoid this. This ha happened twice. I reinstalled and it happened again. SO not sure if it is the hardware or what.

• Offizieller Beitrag

that inside /var is where data is ballooning. what could be causing this sort of issue and how can I avoid this.

It is impossible to know without seeing what is large in /var. Run du -hx --max-depth=1 /var and keep moving up a directory level on the largest directory. Normally this is either plex, docker, and/or logging from failing hardware.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hmm, the daemon log is 8g for some reason, my syslog is also 8 g or so, clamav log is 5g, is this just from trying to transfer data? I mean I have not done anything else with these installs I create them set them up and then begin to move data onto them and wham I get this issue. I can supply a log once I download it.

• Just for the heck of it I thought I would be brutal. I deleted the huge logs and then rebooted, I could get into the gui. I disabled clamav but I still see some logs grow very fast and very large I never have seen this on other installs of OMV. This is new to me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just post tail -n100 /var/log/syslog

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!