OMV rock64 problem with USB Hub

• Hello,

I use a rock64 with OMV as OS.
    At the moment I have 1x2TB (USB3) WD and 1x500GB (USB2) HDD connected.
    They are both 3,5 inch big and powered bei external PSUs. I have 2 innateck USB/Power to SATA adapter.
    Now I want for both drives USB3 because its way faster.
    I buyed from Anker a USB Hub "4-Port Ultra Slim USB 3.0 Data Hub" @Amazon.
    The problem is that the drives dont get detected. Sometimes even the rock64 is unreachable at all.
    1 HDD spins permanent and 1 stops and starts. After time both spin permanent but are still unreachable via samba/the OMV Interface.
    Is it a power issue? or a mounting issue? I hope you can help me.

I hope you understand my poor english :)

• I buyed from Anker a USB Hub "4-Port Ultra Slim USB 3.0 Data Hub" @Amazon.

USB3 disks behind a hub are not the best idea (due to limitations of USB3 implementation on these ARM SoCs, limited count of so called endpoints and so on). In case you're familiar with a Linux shell you could try to provide output from 'armbianmonitor -u' but otherwise I would simply forget about the USB hub idea.

The only confirmed variant for 2 USB3 disks on Rock64 is using a JMS561: Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

• USB3 disks behind a hub are not the best idea (due to limitations of USB3 implementation on these ARM SoCs, limited count of so called endpoints and so on). In case you're familiar with a Linux shell you could try to provide output from 'armbianmonitor -u' but otherwise I would simply forget about the USB hub idea.

The only confirmed variant for 2 USB3 disks on Rock64 is using a JMS561: Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

So with this: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HD622-…inch-HDD-SSD/122211050288 It should work fine? How is the speed with this? Do I need extra power? I heard I can only use 6TB of storage with it?
    Whats about a powered hub? Could this maybe help? It would be better for me to have some usb 3.0 Ports and not only Sata.

I tested a powered USB HUB yesterday. And it worked great. After 20GB transfer no problems at all.
    If it stops working I will edit this comment

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!