Ondroid HC1 with SSD - SFTP-Problem when share on SSD (via plugin)

• Hi,

first of all thank you for all the great work. Recently I purchased an Ondroid HC1 and attached a SSD. It boots from the SD, but when I try to create via SFTP-Plugin a Share on the SSD and create an sftp only user the connection closes.

There is also no log because there is a problem with the plugin.

Should chroot work with the plugin if the share isn't on the system partition ( system partition on sd card, share on ssd) or do I need to manually set it up and use bind?

Thanks you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is also no log because there is a problem with the plugin.

Should chroot work with the plugin if the share isn't on the system partition ( system partition on sd card, share on ssd) or do I need to manually set it up and use bind?

I use this plugin and have no issues. Since you can't put a shared folder on the system partition, the plugin is meant to work with shared folders on the data drivers. If the connection closes right away, The user either doesn't have permissions or isn't in the correct group (sftp-access).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your answer. Did the following (via webinterface)

- flashed the new image
    - mounted the ssd
    - created a user (sftpuser - sftp-access, users)
    - created a share on the ssd (chroot - drwxrwsrwx+ 2 root root 4.0K Sep 13 05:13 chroot) - it is listed in /sharedfolders

- checked the access list (sftp-setting) and everything is ok/enabled - AllowGroups is disabled

But when I try to sftp now, I get the error:

debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
    Authenticated to 192.168.1.16 ([192.168.1.16]:222).
    debug2: fd 6 setting O_NONBLOCK
    debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
    debug2: channel 0: send open
    debug1: Requesting no-more-sessions@openssh.com
    debug1: Entering interactive session.
    debug1: pledge: network
    packet_write_wait: Connection to 192.168.1.16 port 222: Broken pipe

• Did somebody recently install OMV 4 (most recent image, not necessarily on a Odroid) and try to setup sftp?

Tried it now several times and I always get the same errors.

When I try to look at the sftp logs, I get also an error:

Code
    Failed to open the log file (filename=/var/log/openmediavault-sftp.log).
  • Still Broken Pipe. sftp-log is empty.

I'm starting to wonder if it's an odroid problem (u-boot?) because I tried armbian (stretch, bionic) and omv 4. And no matter what I tried (with SSD, only with SD-card, ...) the same problem.

Since I've used chroot sftp on a mac and a RPi (with an actual Rasbian-Image), I'm running out of ideas.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I try to look at the sftp logs, I get also an error:

Click the clear button in the log viewer. The log viewer doesn't create (and shouldn't) the log file if it doesn't exist.

I'm starting to wonder if it's an odroid problem (u-boot?)

This has nothing to do with the device. The plugin uses the same ssh package that you ssh into the system with. I just tried it on a fresh install and an arm board (renegade) and it works fine. Not sure why your setup isn't working. What filesystem is the data drive?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• This has nothing to do with the device. The plugin uses the same ssh package that you ssh into the system with. I just tried it on a fresh install and an arm board (renegade) and it works fine. Not sure why your setup isn't working. What filesystem is the data drive?

I am sorry to bother you, because I absolutely appreciate what you guys are doing.

But I've installed the minimal ubuntu image provided by hardkernel and within a few minutes I was able to create a chroot'ed sftp access for a new user (similar to the chroot on the RPi3 or Mac Mini). Guess it's an armbian Issue and I guess I need to bother the guys on the armbian forum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Guess it's an armbian Issue and I guess I need to bother the guys on the armbian forum.

You aren't bothering me :) My renegade is running armbian.

• My renegade is running armbian.

I never questioned that armbian normally supports all these things. All I am saying is that on the Ondroid HC1 I can't chroot sftp.

Therefore I installed the minimal Ubuntu image from Hardkernel, made all the necessary changes via cli, manually moved the system to the ssd (SD-Card is still required for the boot process) and I am still able to chroot an sftp user.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I never questioned that armbian normally supports all these things. All I am saying is that on the Ondroid HC1 I can't chroot sftp.

An odroid and the renegade have the same userland. They just have a different kernel (and uboot). I don't think the kernel is causing this. I will find my xu4 when I have a chance to try this. Can you post the output of: omv-showkey sftp

• What are the ownership and permissions on the chroot, starting with the drive mountpoint and going deeper to the chroot?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Correct ownership alone is not enough. What are the permissions?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!