cannot install openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb

• I am new using OMV but for me is the best one and I am planing to stay with it.

I have challenge to install openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb (4.1.11) plugin. I upload it from omv-extras.org but when I am trying to install it I get below error popup in one window 77 times.

• Code
    root@OMV:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  • Code
    root@OMV:~# apt-get -f install
    Building dependency tree

the same error

• when I try to use update manager in OMV I have below error

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists... E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
  • Only one update process at a time can be run. That's why you are getting that lock error.

Try rebooting.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• yes after reboot I could run update manager but there is nothing to update as I download the latest version.

I do not know why I cannot install plugin.I have Proxmax maybe this is the reason. Strange is that I do not see any plugins I need to upload them from HDD

• If you don't see any plugins at all, something is wrong with your installation.

You might try:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hm

Code
    root@OMV:~# apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
    Building dependency tree
    Reinstallation of openmediavault is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
    root@OMV:~#

OK in this case if it is issue with installation. During it I cannot find working Debian mirror and the only way is to skip this part

• OK I did it. Thx for your help

It is embarrass :(

In Proxmox when I created VM with OMV it created virtual MAC address. I did not add it to my FreshTomato router in Access Restrictions

Now I could install updates during instalation from Debian mirrors, I see plugins in OMV and I was able to add and install OMV-extras

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!