Can't create shared folder

• Hi forum!

I created a Raid 5 with 3x 3TB drives. I wanted to create a shared folder, but the command calculates a long time and then shows the following error.
    Do you have any clue what I did wrong?

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-Stuff.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for sharedfolders-Stuff.mount failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details

Greetings and thank you :-).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've noticed that you're posting "getting started" type problems.

Take a look at this Guide; and take the time to start a clean build from scratch.
    Then, wipe a single drive, format it with EXT4, set up a shared folder and, finally, set up an SMB network share. (It's all in the Guide.)

If it works, you can undo the practice run by:
    Deleting the SMB network share
    Delete the shared folder
    Select and unmount the drive (in file systems)
    Delete the file system.
    (To keep OMV's database clean, you should remove the items you previously created, in reverse order.)

Finally, with the experience of a practice run, the only difference in using a RAID array would be:
    - Wipe all three of your 3TB drives (In physical Disks)
    - Create an array (in RAID Management) And be patient - let the creation process finish before trying to proceed.
    - Format the array with a file system (In file systems)

After formatting the array, the Guide will help you from there with a shared folder and so on.

(Back this coming weekend)

• Hello flmaxey,

I somehow did a mistake and double-posted my problem. In the other thread is the solution: Can't create shared folder

I would say that I'm not at the total starting point, but just overlooked a not mounted volume and was confused why there is an error with shared folder settings...

But thank you for the link to the guide. I will definately look into it when I am expanding my NAS :-).

Greetings.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!