apt-get install, wants to massacre my OMV installation

• Hi.

I have no idea what has happened, but when I wanted to install vsftpd today, apt-get has gone crazy. It wants to massacre and delete my whole system.

The last "big" change i have done to my system was to install docker-ce. thats about it.

Please see what apt-get wants to do if i want to install vsftpd.

Can someone please assist me. I have not been able to figure out how to solve this one.

• I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd.

But to come back to the questions. Is this expected behaviour on apt-get in openmediavault???
    Why does this package want to remove openmediavault, and all the other packages?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd.

use docker. there is a plugin.

But to come back to the questions. Is this expected behaviour on apt-get in openmediavault???
    Why does this package want to remove openmediavault, and all the other packages?

Yes, you are trying to install a package that conflicts with a dependency of OMV. You are telling it to install the new package and if you answer yes that you want to install it, it will remove the conflicting packages. Because OMV depends on proftpd, it will remove the OMV package as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why do you want to install another ftp server? OMV already installs proftpd. Undo the vsftpd Installation to fix your issue.

Hello,

I have the same issue, but i don't now how unde the installation.
    I execute "apt-get remove vsftpd", it has been uninstalled, but it is still not working.

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!