Port Forward

• Hello everyone. I am having an issue with port-forwarding my server (I know about the risks and dangers). I have port forwarded port 80, and setup a no-ip hostname. When I try to connect to it on my phone, or on my friends network, I get an error of 5002. It then proceeds to tell me that it is an invalid ip.

Please help!

• Do you wish to expose your server to everyone in the world? Do you believe it's hardened enough to withstand any attack? If you can answer yes, then by all means open up port 80.

Setting up a VPN costs nothing and isn't terribly complicated. The added security is worth the extra effort though.

• Do you wish to expose your server to everyone in the world? Do you believe it's hardened enough to withstand any attack? If you can answer yes, then by all means open up port 80.

Setting up a VPN costs nothing and isn't terribly complicated. The added security is worth the extra effort though.

You are right 100%. I have been tired (hard day at work) when reading this post and I have misunderstood what it's said.
    I use myself VPN ,setup on my router as a server VPN, and it's not open 24/7, only when needed :)

Sorry for a dumb question.
    Regards

• It's not a dumb question, just many ways to do the same thing. Some ways better than others.

The VPN could be configured on your router or server (omv). I'm not sure what you mean by not open 24/7. If you are away from home, how do you turn it on and off?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!