Cannot find device while creating a shared folder

• Hi, I've a problem trying to create a shared folder. I cannot see any device in the list.
    I already have three shared folders working on the same device. Looking in the filesystem list, I cannot mount or unmount this device. It is an ext4 filesystem, not mounted by fstab.

What can I try?

Thanks!

• If the device doesn't show in fstab then the device is not there! Is this a drive connected directly to the machine or a usb?
    What's the output of fdisk -l | grep "Disks"

It's a USB disk.
    Here's the output requested:

• What's the output of lsusb and lsblk the drive shows as /dev/sda, is this a powered usb drive?

Yes, it's an externally powered USB drive.
    See the output below:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well it's there and it's mounted according to that output. Have you tried rebooting? You could try omv-firstaid and select clear web control panel cache, that might help, but I've never used it.

BTW what's this connected to? an SBC? Have you checked that everything is 'plugged in' nothing loose, no 'wiggle'?

• Well it's there and it's mounted according to that output. Have you tried rebooting? You could try omv-firstaid and select clear web control panel cache, that might help, but I've never used it.

BTW what's this connected to? an SBC? Have you checked that everything is 'plugged in' nothing loose, no 'wiggle'?

I tried clearing cache through omv-firstaid, but it didn't change.
    USB drive is correctly connected and it works well. I can successfully access the existing folders without issue.
    I use it on a raspberry installation, and I configured hd-idle to spin down disk automatically when it's not used for 120 seconds... I don't know if this makes a difference.

• Offizieller Beitrag

and I configured hd-idle to spin down disk automatically when it's not used for 120 seconds... I don't know if this makes a difference.

Hm!! well you know something I don't :) personally what I would do is to turn that off, reboot, then see how it goes for a few days, that 'might be' causing your problem.

• Hm!! well you know something I don't :) personally what I would do is to turn that off, reboot, then see how it goes for a few days, that 'might be' causing your problem.

I'm not sure about what could change disabling auto spin down. Do you know what criteria is used by OMV interface to choose the available devices from the list?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you know what criteria is used by OMV interface to choose the available devices from the list?

Sorry no, but you have two issues there, one is the Pi itself (although I have 2, one is on constantly and the other when I need it) and the second is setting the drive to spin down, that is why I suggested to turn that off for a few days and test to see if it happens again. Even if you create or try to create a test share.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!