Multiple ssh-agents spawned by rsync jobs

• I'm using Arakkis 4.1.11 on two systems -- and configured a few rsync jobs between them (and other machines). Rsync jobs are only configured on one of these, and they all use passwordless SSH with a Public Key Auth, so the Certificate is in the OMV Certificate store.

On the OMV box that has all of these jobs, it appears that ssh-agent gets spawned > 20 times, nightly (at 0:00). So, I've got something like 40+ ssh-agent processes sitting/sleeping on the box, since it was restarted 2 days ago.

Is this standard behavior? Has anybody else seen this?

• /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsync

Code
    34 15 */1 * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsync-7efcf03a-70d3-4818-b634-084df6e5ec8c >/dev/null 2>&1

/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsync-7efcf03a-70d3-4818-b634-084df6e5ec8c

So, I have 6 rsync jobs, and each time one runs, it looks like it generates its own ssh-agent process but never cleans up upon completion.

I just killed all existing ssh-agent processes, and ran a rsync job manually, and there it is. Subsequent runs generated additional processes.

• Sizes vary ... the smallest one is 5 gb or so. That's the one I ran manually, via GUI. Data didn't change, so didn't take long.

Do you know if omv_kill_children is supposed to cleanup the agent processes as well?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!