1. ls -l /path/to/your/pool

The output should look like this for example:

Source Code

1. root@omv4:~# ls -l /tank/
      2. insgesamt 5
      3. drwxr-xr-x 3 1002 1001 3 Okt 6 2016 backups
      4. drwxrwxr-x 3 1002 1001 3 Apr 2 2016 pictures
      5. drwxrwx--- 3 1002 1001 3 Aug 26 2016 private

There you should see the old UID (1002) and the old GID (1001) of your old omv configuration.

After that you can change the owner (user and group) by the following command:

Source Code

1. chown user:group -R /path/to/your/pool
      • change "user" to the name of your user (for example: fred)
      • change "group" to the name of your group (for example: family)
      • change "path/to/your/pool" to the path of your pool (for example /tank)

So the command has to look like this:

Source Code

1. chown fred:family -R /tank
      Now, you can check the result with "ls -l" again. The output should look like this for example:

Source Code

1. root@omv4:~# ls -l /tank/
      2. insgesamt 5
      3. drwxr-xr-x 3 fred family 3 Okt 6 2016 backups
      4. drwxrwxr-x 3 fred family 3 Apr 2 2016 pictures
      5. drwxrwx--- 3 fred family 3 Aug 26 2016 private

You can do this within some seconds. I never used the web ui to change file permissions or owners. ;)

Regards Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
      frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
      -------------------------------------------
      backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The post was edited 5 times, last by hoppel118 ().

• hi,

i'd reinstalled another time my system.
      everything are ok.

but this time when i import my pool, it's seems to be empty ?(

( when i

i see 7T available ...???

i make the same thing that the other time..
      it is possible ? i don't format anything...

OMV had reimpot my pool with the good name of folder that i use before

The post was edited 1 time, last by .H. ().

• How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool

Sorry, it’s not possible to help you. Why didn’t you try, what I described?

I need screenshots of your errors or command line code where I can see your commands and it’s results.

Which kernel, which omv and which zfs version do you use at the moment?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
      backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Please, show us the command line output of:

Source Code

1. uname -a

and:

Source Code

1. dpkg -l | grep zfs

and:

Source Code

1. zfs list

Thanks and regards Hoppel
    • alright :

Source Code

1. root@HashServer:~# uname -a
      2. Linux HashServer 4.15.18-5-pve #1 SMP PVE 4.15.18-24 (Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:15:10 +0200) x86_64 GNU/Linux
      3. root@HashServer:~# dpkg -l | grep zfs
      4. ii libzfs2linux 0.7.11-pve1~bpo1 amd64 OpenZFS filesystem library for Linux
      5. ii openmediavault-zfs 4.0.4 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS
      6. ii zfs-zed 0.7.11-pve1~bpo1 amd64 OpenZFS Event Daemon
      7. ii zfsutils-linux 0.7.11-pve1~bpo1 amd64 command-line tools to manage OpenZFS filesystems
      8. root@HashServer:~# zfs list
      9. NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
      10. Pool1 167M 7,02T 8,36M /mnt
      11. root@HashServer:~#
      Display All

Is your folder „/mnt“ really empty?

Source Code

1. ls -l /mnt

Ok, the folder „/mnt“ must be empty, if it is your zfs root mountpoint. Do the following:

1. export your zfs pool:

Source Code

1. zpool export Pool1

2. move the folder „Hashare“ to „/tmp“:

Source Code

1. mv /mnt/Hashare /tmp

3. import your zfs pool:

Source Code

1. zpool import Pool1

Show us all the command line results.

Regards Hoppel

The post was edited 3 times, last by hoppel118 ().

• impossible to umount

Source Code

1. root@HashServer:~# zpool export Pool1
      2. umount: /mnt : cible occupée
      3. (Dans certains cas, des renseignements sur les processus utilisant
      4. le périphérique sont accessibles avec lsof(8) ou fuser(1).)
      5. cannot unmount '/mnt': umount failed
      6. root@HashServer:~#

i just run the pc this morning...

Sorry, I don’t understand that language. Do the following:

1. shutdown your server
      2. unplug all the sata-cables of your zfs disks
      3. start your server
      4. move the folder “Hashare“ (What is this folder for?) to „/tmp“
      5. shutdown your server
      6. plug all the sata-cables of your zfs disks
      7. start your server
      8. do a „zfs list“ at the command line

Maybe your zfs works as expected now. Your Pool1 should be automounted to the directory „/mnt“.

As an alternative you could try to configure a new mountpoint for your Pool1. But I never did this.

So, please try the described way.

Regards Hoppel

The post was edited 3 times, last by hoppel118 ().

No, why do you want to delete Pool1?

Hm..., I think our linguistic barrier is to high.

When did you create a new Pool1? Did you try what I described above.

Maybe someone else can help here.

Regards Hoppel

.H. wrote:

Before deleting this filesystem, You must delete shares referencing this filesystem. ( shared folfers ? )

Is this a result of a command at the command line?

So, if you use smb or nfs, deactivate the service/s by the omv web ui, before trying to export the pool.
    • thanks hoppel118

1/ i try evertything :

1. shutdown your server

2. unplug all the sata-cables of your zfs disks

3. start your server

4. move the folder “Hashare“ (What is this folder for?) to „/tmp“ or delete it

5. shutdown your server

6. plug all the sata-cables of your zfs disks

7. start your server

8. do a „zfs list“ at the command line

but the pool1 are ever the same size freewith your step that i follow i ask

i created the pool1 , in 2015, and impoted yesterdy, after zfs plugin install

2/ I would try to delete it, in order to try import it a new time ;(

i don't undertand how can i've lost more thn 7T without seeing..

that's why, i follow your indications and ask few weird question :S

but thanks for amm

No, don’t delete your pool! Export your pool. What exactly do you do, when you delete your pool?

Show me the output of:

Source Code

1. ls -l /mnt

What did you mount to the folder „/mnt/Hashare“?

Which filesystems were on your Pool1?

Stop smb and/or nfs services by the omv webui. Then do the following:

Show me the output of:

Source Code

1. zpool export -f Pool1

Show me the output of:

Source Code

1. zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id Pool1

Show me the output of:

Source Code

1. zpool list

Maybe I am wrong with my suggestion, but your root mountpoint „/mnt“ must be empty, when you import the pool. And of course your pool should be exported, before you import the pool.

Regards Hoppel

The post was edited 5 times, last by hoppel118 ().

@flmaxey Do you have an idea what happened here?

Regards Hoppel
    • Source Code

1. root@HashServer:~# ls -l /mnt
      2. total 1
      3. drwxr-sr-x 2 root users 2 oct. 4 10:35 Hashare

Source Code

1. root@HashServer:~# zpool export -f Pool1
      2. root@HashServer:~#

Source Code

1. root@HashServer:~# zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id Pool1
      2. root@HashServer:~#
      root@HashServer:~# zpool list
      NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE EXPANDSZ FRAG CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT
      Pool1 10,9T 251M 10,9T - 1% 0% 1.00x ONLINE -
      root@HashServer:~#

Source Code

1. root@HashServer:~# zpool list
      2. NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE EXPANDSZ FRAG CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT
      3. Pool1 10,9T 251M 10,9T - 1% 0% 1.00x ONLINE -
      4. root@HashServer:~#

on my pool1 , i have every kind of files ( images, videos, works - after effect project, , illustrator and co. i'm creatic )
      15 years of graphic activities..

:/