How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool

• I don’t know, if it is possible to help you.

One last try. Let’s try to change the mountpoint of your pool:

1. Export the pool:

Code
    zpool export -f Pool1

2. Set a new mountpoint:

Code
    zfs set mountpoint=/Pool1 Pool1

—> If this doesn‘t work, you may need to create the directory first:

Code
    mkdir /Pool1

3. Import the pool:

Code
    zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id Pool1

4. Look for zpool status:

Code
    zpool list

Show us the output of all commands.

Maybe you don’t need to export/import the pool to change the mountpoint. So, if step 2 doesn’t work, because there is no pool imported, you only need to execute step 2 (and 4).

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your situation does not look good:

Your pool:
    root@HashServer:~# zpool list
    NAME...SIZE...ALLOC..FREE...EXPANDSZ...FRAG ...CAP...DEDUP..HEALTH...ALTROOT
    Pool1...10,9T..251M...10,9T.............- ......1%....0%....1.00x...ONLINE....-

My Pool:
    root@omv-server:~# zpool list
    NAME...SIZE....ALLOC...FREE..EXPANDSZ..FRAG...CAP...DEDUP...HEALTH...ALTROOT
    ZFS1....3.62T..1.51T...2.12T ...........-.....16%..41%...1.00x....ONLINE....-

In my pool (ZFS1), I have approximately 1.51TB of data, in a 3.62TB pool. That's about 41% of the total capacity of the pool. In your pool (Pool1), 251Meg is probably empty directories. It appears that you have a 10.9TB pool with nothing in it (CAPACITY USED = 0% and FREE 10,9T).

Since @hoppel118 brought me in - I read this thread from the beginning:

There's a big difference between EXPORT and DELETE. I think the difference, in the meaning of these two words, was lost in translation. If you used delete, it's permanent.

I hope you have backup. With ZFS, even when using snapshots, having reliable backup is critical.

• Hey @flmaxey

thanks for coming in.

My assumption and my hope was/is, that cap used is 0%, because there is no mounted zfs filesystem. But I am not sure how „zpool list“ calculates the values (with or without mounted filesystems).

For me it still seems that there is no filesystem mounted because the root mount point „/mnt“ is not empty.

What do you think about this?

Thanks and regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• @.H. Maybe we can see what happened with the output of the following command:

Code
    zpool history

If the output is to long, use a service like: https://pastebin.com

Regards Hoppel

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think your history command, zpool history, will reveal what happened. We'll see what @.H. finds. If filesystems were deleted out of the pool, they're gone. Unfortunately, there is no "undo" command.

In my pool history, since I have automated snapshots, I see some snapshot configuration and a lot of created and destroyed snapshots. Delete is not in the list, anywhere.

• my zpool history

?(

• If this is the complete "zpool history", you never created zfs filesystems on your zpool. Didn't know that it is possible to work on the root of the pool directly.

Can't see any critical commands in your zpool history. Sorry, I don't know what happend to your data.

@.H. Please, do one last thing. Stop smb/nfs services and show us the output of the following commands. I want to see, if the directory "Hashare" is located at your zpool and mounted to "/mnt" or if it is located under "/mnt" directly.

1. Export the pool:

Code
    zpool export -f Pool1

2. Show the content of your zpool root mount point:

Code
    ls -l /mnt

3. Import the pool again:

Code
    zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id Pool1

4. Show the content of your zpool root mount point again:

Code
    ls -l /mnt

By the way: I would never use "/mnt" for the zpool root mountpoint. But this is my personal flavor.

Regards Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Code
    root@HashServer:~# zpool export -f Pool1
    root@HashServer:~#

Code
    root@HashServer:~# ls -l /mnt
    total 0

Code
    root@HashServer:~# zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id Pool1

Code
    root@HashServer:~# ls -l /mnt
    total 1
    drwxr-sr-x 2 root users 2 oct.   4 10:35 Hashare
  • Ok, so the directory „Hashare“ comes from your pool and seemingly it’s all the data your pool includes.

Sadly, I can’t do more for you.

@flmaxey What do you think about this result?

Regards Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

@flmaxey What do you think about this result?

The zpool history doesn't show anything as being deleted. (That's obvious.)

While it's speculation, something must have happened when the OMV2.X installation crashed. Data disks usually survive an operating system crash, but that's not always the case.

While I'd like to be able to suggest something else, I'd have to agree with you - I think the pool is empty.

@.H.

My sincere regrets...

While this is painful to consider right now, next time, I'd suggest full backup.
    That would include backing up all data AND, separately, backing up the boot drive.

• @flmaxey Thanks for your opinion.

@.H. I read the thread again, because in the beginning you wrote that you have problems to apply acls to your data.

What exactly did you try to delete the folders and why did you want to delete them?

So you saw all your data under omv4, but had problems to apply the acls. What happened to your data?

Regards Hoppel

• yes, at the beginning, i had problems to apply ZCL right to my 7tera - Pool1 ( in the Hashare folders )

the 2nd time, it was the same thing ( acl right was impoosble to apply to the full folder

i reinstalle a third time, and when i apply the ACL, i was enjoy necause it's was apply in 1S. !)
    but when i'm looking folder in don't found my files...

i never delete Pool or files. ( i just would try to delete the sharing file on OMV in ordfer to try to re-import )

but i'"m follow your instruction in order to see my files. !

• i would try to re-do the zfs
    but when i try to delete it :

i try to delete shared files but it not available

what can i do to erase this part and redo the importing pool ?

thanks

• i never delete Pool or files. ( i just would try to delete the sharing file on OMV in ordfer to try to re-import )

Is it possible to delete all files when deleting a share? I don’t know.

So you decided to delete everything and start from the beginning... Did you solve your issue with the referenced shared filesystems?

Regards Hoppel

• It is really hard to understand what you mean.

Do you mean you want to reset omv to factory settings instead of rebuilding omv?

Regards Hoppel

• I don’t know an option for this. I found this thread, which confirms this:

Reset OMV like a fresh install?

Regards Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!