New to OMV and can't name UPS in NUT

• Ok, it is probably something very silly, but I'm stuck. I'm evaluating OMV as a reliable replacement for Rockstor, but I'm having an issue getting the OMV GUI to allow me to apply a name to my UPS. This is probably the first of a number of questions I'm going to have...

I was able to find information on my UPS (APC Backups XS-1300) and I had working through UPSMON on CentOS for years. The wall I've run into is with the Identifier field in the OMV GUI, throws "upsname: The value 'upsHelp' doesn't match the pattern '^[a-z0-9_-]+$'." (upsHelp was just a name I threw in). I've tried a number of names, including the name I had in CentOS (FamilyNAS). Details from the error:

Also, seems that when I have NUT installed, NUT fails to load:

I did an lsusb, and searched /var/log/message, system sees my APC UPS on USB 3-2 (not sure if any of this matters though).

Any thoughts? I can't turn the service on at the GUI, so I'm stuck... Thanks in advance.

• Welp, I'm an NOOB... trying to do two things at once. I set the service to "ON" and then tried to name it. Went back, with the service set to OFF and named it fine. No failures in services either after I figured out the errors in my ways.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!