OpenMediaVault-PXE Plugin

• Just wondering if someone might be able to help me out, trying to get the PXE Plugin working but for some reason as part of the install it mentions setting up the DNS/DHCP plugin and for some unknown reason the lease network isn't coming up (its blank when pulled down). Because of this it mentions a NULL value when I try to save the settings on that page. :S

• Offizieller Beitrag

for some unknown reason the lease network isn't coming up (its blank when pulled down)

You have to have a static ip address for the system.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have the same problem and dont know how to resolve it.

You don't know how to set a static IP address?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes i do. But i didn't know that it was necessary to have DHCP running on OMV to enable PXE, so i stopped trying, bevause i didnt want to do that.

It isn't necessary. Some people are not able to specify a PXE server on their DHCP server. So, the plugin recommends running a DHCP proxy (not regular dhcp) server on OMV to answer PXE requests.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i know, and thats unfortunately the case for me...

So, what is the problem? You don't want to run DHCP on OMV? If not, that is fine but you need to run a proxy dhcp server somewhere that points to the pxe server. You could always turn off the dhcp server on your router and run the dhcp and pxe servers on OMV (or pi-hole like I do).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!