Error during packages update

• OMV 4.x
    • Update
    • Error during packages update

Hi there,

I have just installed OMV 4 on my odroid C2, and during update after the first installation onn hte end of the procces I got error:

Source Code

1. Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.11) ...
      2. Updating locale files ...
      3. Updating file permissions ...
      4. Purging internal cache ...
      5. Restarting engine daemon ...
      6. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xffff86b4b8c8>
      7. Traceback (most recent call last):
      8. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
      9. TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
      10. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xffff86b4b8c8>
      11. Traceback (most recent call last):
      12. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
      13. TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
      14. Done ...
      Display All
      Any suggestion what is it?
    • A I tried to enable plugin Docker and failed:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(45): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')
      5. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()
      6. #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
      10. #6 {main}
      Such a pity, but I remember that once Docker failed to install because I had this file corrupted: File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py, maybe this is the same? But I checked md5 before flush, verified flush and sdcard is new good samsung so ?
    • eskimos2000 wrote:

Hi there,

I have just installed OMV 4 on my odroid C2, and during update after the first installation onn hte end of the procces I got error:

Source Code

1. Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.11) ...
      2. Updating locale files ...
      3. Updating file permissions ...
      4. Purging internal cache ...
      5. Restarting engine daemon ...
      6. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xffff86b4b8c8>
      7. Traceback (most recent call last):
      8. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
      9. TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
      10. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xffff86b4b8c8>
      11. Traceback (most recent call last):
      12. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
      13. TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
      14. Done ...
      Display All
      Any suggestion what is it?
      You do not have to worry about that.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • eskimos2000 wrote:

I had this file corrupted: File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py, maybe this is the same?
      If you search the forum, you will find that the weakref error is not a problem and has nothing to do with the docker error.

eskimos2000 wrote:

Ok what about failed docker installation?
      Did docker fail to install or enable? There is a big difference. Post the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "docker|openm"
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • It was enable problem I reckon as I rebooted odroid and magically it is working.
      Thx for your time.
      OMV seems to be very well made and powerful nas system, i am just beginning to explore but look impressive.
      Btw how long sdcard can last as op system ? Maybe it is better to install directly to HDD ?

Cheers
    • eskimos2000 wrote:

Btw how long sdcard can last as op system ?
      All arm images have the flashmemory plugin installed by default. This should make an sd card or usb stick last much longer depending on the quality of the media. How long will it last? Depends on what you do with the system. The plugin syncs all changes to the media every time you shutdown. So, if you shutdown the system a lot (not sure why someone would with an arm board), it will write a lot more to the media. I have a system running off a usb stick for over three years now (rarely shutdown). This is why you make backups though.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest