Docker-Containerst must restart manual after OMV restart

• OMV 4.x
    • Docker-Containerst must restart manual after OMV restart

Hello all,

I have a problem with my running Docker Containers. I have set it up with the option "restart allways" . When i start or restart my system the Containers with external (from Docker) HDD referens are not running or mybe running without the Data from HDD. What can i do? In the moment i must restart the container after the system is complitly up.
      omv 4.0.19 | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 4.1.2 | kernel 4.14
      used plugins: nginx | mysql | docker-gui |rsnapshot | antivirus | apt tool | letsEncrypt |
      used other: netxtcloud | logitechmediaserver | emby
    • I configure it to "unless-stopped" and never have problems on restart, with the plus that I can stop and continue when I need (eg: watchtower is allways stooped until I decide to update containers, then I continue run, and when finish , stooped again until next week or so).
      OMV 4.1.11 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ; weTTY
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • I use "restart always". (And using "restart always" does not prevent the user from manually stopping a container.)
      I have only one Docker, at the moment, but it restarts with the server without fail and it has an external link to the boot drive.

Out of curiosity, what Dockers are you using?

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.
    • flmaxey wrote:

I use "restart always". (And using "restart always" does not prevent the user from manually stopping a container.)
      I have only one Docker, at the moment, but it restarts with the server without fail and it has an external link to the boot drive.

Out of curiosity, what Dockers are you using?
      this ones:
      Images
      • 1.jpg

92.3 kB, 972×470, viewed 63 times
      OMV 4.1.11 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ; weTTY
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • okay, by the way, How can I insert a picture here? ?(

edit: add picture
      Images
      • Screenshot_20180925_212555.jpeg

64.18 kB, 1,772×276, viewed 28 times
      omv 4.0.19 | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 4.1.2 | kernel 4.14
      used plugins: nginx | mysql | docker-gui |rsnapshot | antivirus | apt tool | letsEncrypt |
      used other: netxtcloud | logitechmediaserver | emby

The post was edited 1 time, last by happyreacer ().

• happyreacer wrote:

[IMG:https://drive.google.com/open?id=12WPxvFwAH-sdzoUXk9ddmBXi2oxEgssT]okay, by the way, How can I insert a picture here? ?(
      When composing a post , select Attachments (lower left) and you'll find the Upload button. Upload the pic (allowed types), set the cursor where you want it, and insert a thumbnail or full size.

On your Dockers, it seems you have more than a few running. One of them might be misbehaving. Have you tried a process of elimination? Manually stop them all. Start up two of them, do a server reboot, and see if the two start on their own.

And so on, with the others...

The post was edited 1 time, last by flmaxey: edit ().

• With what @Peowraaku mentioned in mind:

After bootup, obviously, the boot drive is immediately ready. If dockers have direct links to a data drive, that actually is a raid array, array assembly time might make data drive locations temporarily unavailable.

@happyreacer , are you running an mdadm or other type of RAID array, with Docker references to your "data" drive?

• I asked the question thinking that a symlink reference on the boot drive would always be up (with the source on the data drive and a destination folder on the boot drive). For some, who may need a bit of delay until an array assembles, a symlink might be a workaround.

The post was edited 1 time, last by flmaxey: edit2 ().