Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page

    • Nefertiti wrote:

      For the second video since you got an ARM I think you need to reduce the DH to 1024 at two places if I remember and change the part about ONLY_subdomain like in my previous post,
      I did do the part about modifying instead of adding the ONLY_SUBDOMAIN line, but I am not sure what about reducing the DH to 1024 at two places.
      Retired. Love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
      OMV 4.1.14-1, Odroid hc2 w/ 4TB WD Blue.
    • Agricola wrote:

      Nefertiti wrote:

      For the second video since you got an ARM I think you need to reduce the DH to 1024 at two places if I remember and change the part about ONLY_subdomain like in my previous post,
      I did do the part about modifying instead of adding the ONLY_SUBDOMAIN line, but I am not sure what about reducing the DH to 1024 at two places.
      Change the DH level in the container might be enough otherwise check
      line 28 in nextcloud.subdomain.conf
      Images
      • 2018-10-09_101338.jpg

        72.82 kB, 651×639, viewed 51 times
      • 2018-10-10_093914.jpg

        181.39 kB, 627×401, viewed 50 times
    • After setting up a static IP in network settings, and forwarding that static IP in port forwarding, and reducing 2048 to 1024, I still get the following error on a brand new clean install in which Nextcloud was working perfectly well. I just rebooted OMV and Nextcloud still works:

      IMPORTANT NOTES:
      - The following errors were reported by the server:
      Domain: pwh.duckdns.org
      Type: connection
      Detail: Fetching
      pwh.duckdns.org/.well-known/ac…nWWrREgcUkm3Q3yBAj2lnULI:
      Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
      To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
      entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
      contain(s) the right IP address. Additionally, please check that
      your computer has a publicly routable IP address and that no
      firewalls are preventing the server from communicating with the
      client. If you're using the webroot plugin, you should also verify
      that you are serving files from the webroot path you provided.
      - Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot
      configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
      secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
      also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Certbot so
      making regular backups of this folder is ideal.
      ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix
      your settings and recreate the container
      Retired. Love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
      OMV 4.1.14-1, Odroid hc2 w/ 4TB WD Blue.
    • Agricola wrote:

      After setting up a static IP in network settings, and forwarding that static IP in port forwarding, and reducing 2048 to 1024, I still get the following error on a brand new clean install in which Nextcloud was working perfectly well. I just rebooted OMV and Nextcloud still works:

      IMPORTANT NOTES:
      - The following errors were reported by the server:
      Domain: pwh.duckdns.org
      Type: connection
      Detail: Fetching
      pwh.duckdns.org/.well-known/ac…nWWrREgcUkm3Q3yBAj2lnULI:
      Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
      To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
      entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
      contain(s) the right IP address. Additionally, please check that
      your computer has a publicly routable IP address and that no
      firewalls are preventing the server from communicating with the
      client. If you're using the webroot plugin, you should also verify
      that you are serving files from the webroot path you provided.
      - Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot
      configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
      secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
      also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Certbot so
      making regular backups of this folder is ideal.
      ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix
      your settings and recreate the container
      I am pretty sure you got an error in letsencrypt container can you post a pic of the docker container
    • Thank you for posting, actually I meant the final result in docker front page where you can see if the actual ports are forwarded because my experience sometime although I was input them they were not there, specialty if you try to modify them, if they look like the one or the pic you need to look if your port are really open for your board.
      Images
      • 2018-10-24_100432.jpg

        62.8 kB, 1,080×148, viewed 43 times
    • Honestly I do not know because I am not an expert maybe TechnoDadLife can give you a tip double and triple check your input for typo, like I said you need to figure out if the ports are really open for your board.
      Also but I am pretty sure it does not matter, I connected this way by changing my domain.duckdns.org' by 'nextcloud.my domain.duckdns.org' in nextcloud.subdomain.conf where you got an example

      at the beginning so you can try
      # make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
      # assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
      # located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
      # 'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
      # 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
      # 'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
      # 'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
      #
      # Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
      # array (
      # 0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
      # 1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
      # ),
      Trust me I kept doing my container over maybe 30 times Eventually you will succeed.


      in google type: letsencrypt timeout you will see you are not the only one!
    • @Nefertiti the step you describe above comes after the step involving the command "docker logs -f letsencrypt" which basically validates the setup of the letsencrypt container. I have never made it to the section you are describing now.

      One of the problems I have is when I delete the container to start over, the folders/files remain behind on the server, and I am unable to remove them. If I start a new container will those folders/files be written over? To be sure, I flash a new image on a SD card and start from scratch.

      I still believe there is something set wrong in my router. Thinking my Airport Extreme Base Station had very little user control over the settings, and despite @TecnoDadLife's advise against it, I purchased a Netgear R7000 router and installed AdvancedTomato firmware on it. I love the thing, and all of my computers do too. No problem connecting. The blasted thing has soooo many settings I fear I have missed some little check box or some such. I have Googled "Tomato firmware manual" to try to figure out if I have overlooked something, but I haven't found anything.
      Retired. Love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
      OMV 4.1.14-1, Odroid hc2 w/ 4TB WD Blue.
    • I think it is safe to delete a container the files should be replaced If you want to delete them the best tool is probably winscp it is very visual and I guess you can very easily change permissions to some files, if you want to delete them. I think you can use netstat -a in a CLI to see if the ports are open (not completely sure about it )
      EDIT
      Here a link with better explanation I think nmap is a better tool linuxandubuntu.com/home/what-a…-find-open-ports-in-linux
      Also you do not need to delete containers if you do not notice errors But if you want to start from scratch it is an other story maybe your best bet.

      EDIT
      Add some PHP conf files working for me
      Files
      • PHPfiles.zip

        (1.19 kB, downloaded 30 times, last: )

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Nefertiti: Add some PHP conf files working for me ().

    • Have already tested all possibilities, unfortunately does not work,

      Technodadlife recommended to me docs.nextcloud.com/server/9/ad…reset_admin_password.html

      the instructions are not for docker,
      the issue does not work either


      Source Code

      1. root@openmediavault:~# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ user:resetpassword admin
      2. Could not open input file: /var/www/nextcloud/occ
      3. root@openmediavault:~#
    • unitymedia wrote:

      Have already tested all possibilities, unfortunately does not work,

      Technodadlife recommended to me docs.nextcloud.com/server/9/ad…reset_admin_password.html

      the instructions are not for docker,
      the issue does not work either


      Source Code

      1. root@openmediavault:~# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ user:resetpassword admin
      2. Could not open input file: /var/www/nextcloud/occ
      3. root@openmediavault:~#
      If you installed nexcloud apk. for android prior. I acceding my account without password
    • @Nefertiti, so with you rewriting your config.php file to read "nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org". Did you write it that way in all three locations?

      1 => 'nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',
      ),
      'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',
      'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',


      And in your browser, does it show up as nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org? And does it still work.

      I also noted that in nextcloud.subdomain.conf file that is the way it shows to insert those lines, but it also adds a line 'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],. Did you add that also?

      I have finally gotten past the letsencrypt container with success, but cannot get nextcloud to connect, and when I try to connect locally I am redirected to the duckdns.org address with no access there either.
      Retired. Love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
      OMV 4.1.14-1, Odroid hc2 w/ 4TB WD Blue.
    • Agricola wrote:

      @Nefertiti, so with you rewriting your config.php file to read "nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org". Did you write it that way in all three locations?

      1 => 'nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',
      ),
      'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',
      'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org',

      And in your browser, does it show up as nextcloud.your_domain.duckdns.org? And does it still work.

      I also noted that in nextcloud.subdomain.conf file that is the way it shows to insert those lines, but it also adds a line 'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],. Did you add that also?

      I have finally gotten past the letsencrypt container with success, but cannot get nextcloud to connect, and when I try to connect locally I am redirected to the duckdns.org address with no access there either.
      Glad you succeed with let's encrypt what was the error?
      nextcloud.lefouvolant.duckdns.org/ will resolve even for you right now you might get an error a white page with "

      Welcome to our server

      The website is currently being setup under this address.

      For help and support, please contact: me@example.com"
      right now it is on

      since I am moving my disk to a Rockpro64 board
      Like I said before I think both way will probably work
      here again the way to configure the PHP
      Images
      • 2018-11-02_131120.jpg

        46.25 kB, 892×185, viewed 23 times
      • 2018-11-02_131044.jpg

        122.02 kB, 680×535, viewed 24 times
      • 2018-11-02_130545.jpg

        37.16 kB, 576×196, viewed 22 times
      • 2018-11-02_130443.jpg

        145.65 kB, 840×633, viewed 28 times