monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it

• Hi all,

Have you guys seen this error?

Failed to execute command 'sudo monit restart collectd 2>&1': monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?

I get this when trying to mount my raid after new install and also boot up is really slow with all kinds of NFS errors but seems all related to monit?

When i stop the monit with service monit stop and then try to moun the RAID i get

Error #3005:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'The configuration object is not unique: A mount point already exists for the given filesystem' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:682
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: FileSystemMgmtRpc->mount(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}

Don't understand this its a fresh install, are there issues with the latest version otherwise i go back and do an older install and then upgrade?

• Seems to be an issue with fresh install of 0.4.32 and upgrade to 0.4.36 i got the errors as shown above, also couldn't load plugins, when installing the plugin repo i got only two extra missig completely things like transmission, minidlna etc etc.

Checking blog i tried even a omv-release-upgrade as it seems 0.5 is there already but that made it even worse after that only 3 plugins totally available and same error from first post.

So i decided to go back to a fresh 0.4 install till now this seems to work fine still configuring.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The third party plugins are not maintained anymore (working on that) and are not compatible with 0.5. I haven't had any problems installing 0.4.32 and upgrading to 0.4.36 in VMs. I tried in a VM and everything worked fine including the plugins. Maybe it is your repository?? What else did you setup on the system before getting the error?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ok thanks that explains the 0.5 plugin issue, but not the monit error which i still can't explain, i did had an issue with repo's now you mentioned it, maybe that was the cause of a not good upgrade. Anyway i am not going back again too much work ;) thanks for the response
    I really hope that we get our plugins back in the newer versions as that is probably the only reason to run OMV as i stepped over from freenas to have a better plugin system not for the raid as i think ZFS still rules ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!