Odroid HC2 8TB WD red too big?

• Nope, this shouldn't be necessary and I don't think it's the solution (since you blacklisted the JMS578 and not a HDD). Can you please provide dmesg output again and also from lsusb -t (or simply armbianmonitor -u or -U).
    I'm still thinking about an underpowering problem which is simply masqueraded by forcing the HDD to operate more inefficiently (the old Mass Storage mode is a mess compared to UAS)

Sorry, I put the 3TB disk back in, and recreated all the shares there. Currently, the 8TB disk is a mess and if i put it back in again, I will have to delete the "good" shares etc.
    I did order another sd-card on Saturday, and once it has arrived, I will setup a separate 8TB OMV system disk so that I should be able to swap HDs and sd-cards simultaneously.
    Then I will report back.

• SD card arrived today, so I made a fresh new install, put in the 8TB disk in and set up a test share. Everything worked smoothly, system rebooted in less than 1min, and after reboot, the disk was recognized and the share was there ^^ . So everything seems fine at the moment. I will now clone the 3TB disk to the 8TB disk and hopefully arrive at the system I was trying to set up in the beginning. I did not have to modify the boot.ini file for that and I certainly will not touch the "physical disk properties". It seems that @Sylvania and @Adoby had a point there.
    Anyway, thank you and @tkaiser of course.
    I pasted the output of dmesg https://pastebin.com/65DRhtQj and armbianmonitor output can be found at http://ix.io/1o7r.

• ... I certainly will not touch the "physical disk properties". It seems that @Sylvania and @Adoby had a point there.

Just adding my name to the list. On my HC2 running OMV 4.1.2 and kernel Linux 4.14.69-odroidxu4 with a WD 4TB drive, I painfully learned that trying to change the physical disk properties apparently leads to the by-label symbolic link being removed from /dev/disk/.

OMV 5.3.9 set up for RAID5 with (3) WD Red 4TB using repurposed Asus P8P67 i5-2500K 16GB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!