Errors installing docker on OMV4

• Code
    apt-get update

After entering this should pop up table , but it never pops up (attaching table from video )
    So from this point everything starts ......

That's exactly the same thing on my setup. But I think u meant apt-get upgrade instead of update.

• i think we should solve this one problem, and after this i think will be all good....

entering : dpkg --configure -a

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# dpkg --configure -a
    dpkg: error: dpkg status database is locked by another process
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I really can't figure out what was going wrong on any of your systems. All I did was flash the image and boot it. After about half an hour (VERY IMPORTANT since the image is making changes), I made sure the system was fully up to date. I checked to see if the ip_tables module was loaded and it was. Then for debugging purposes, I installed docker-ce from the command and it worked. Installing from the command line doesn't do anything any different from the web interface. So, this didn't magically prevent the problem.

I haven't watched the video but you normally shouldn't have to do a dpkg --configure. If something says the dpkg database is busy, it is. Don't do anything because OMV has a process that downloads updates. Just wait for it to be not busy. If someone is interrupting this, this might explain how your system got in a bad state.

The omv-initsystem popup showing up or not showing up makes no difference. Don't consider that a sign of failure or success.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I really can't figure out what was going wrong on any of your systems. All I did was flash the image and boot it. After about half an hour (VERY IMPORTANT since the image is making changes), I made sure the system was fully up to date. I checked to see if the ip_tables module was loaded and it was. Then for debugging purposes, I installed docker-ce from the command and it worked. Installing from the command line doesn't do anything any different from the web interface. So, this didn't magically prevent the problem.

I haven't watched the video but you normally shouldn't have to do a dpkg --configure. If something says the dpkg database is busy, it is. Don't do anything because OMV has a process that downloads updates. Just wait for it to be not busy. If someone is interrupting this, this might explain how your system got in a bad state.

The omv-initsystem popup showing up or not showing up makes no difference. Don't consider that a sign of failure or success.

I just did a clean install and run in the same problem. I let the Pi sit for 40 min and everything went smooth until I wanted to install shellinabox and docker.

heres the log from the installation screen:
    install log.txt
    when I put in

Code
    lsmod | grep ip

nothing happens..

now what?

edit:
    I needed to use omv-firstaif to enable the web interface, if that is of any help.

I tried to find a solution to fix the iptables problem and ended up with:

Code
    root@RaspberryPiNAS:~# ls -la /lib/modules/4.9.80-v7+
    ls: cannot access '/lib/modules/4.9.80-v7+': No such file or directory

In the other thread from 2016 they said that this was bad and one should reinstall. but as I just did that I dont see any sense in that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I needed to use omv-firstaif to enable the web interface, if that is of any help.

That means something went very wrong.

I tried to find a solution to fix the iptables problem and ended up with:

The image is using the 4.14 kernel now. So, that directory will not exist. find /lib/modules/ -name "ip_tables*" will show you if the module exists. Here is mine:
    /lib/modules/4.14.70-v7+/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.ko
    /lib/modules/4.14.70+/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.ko
    /lib/modules/4.14.47-rockchip/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.ko

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Whilst this doesn't help you but I just upgraded from v3 to v4, once complete I did an update, set time, monitoring etc, then did wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash from the command line to install omv-extras when that was complete enabled the Docker-CE Repo within extras, then installed the docker-gui plugin.

Docker has installed with just the usual php error which is nothing to worry about.

I have Pi 2B

• I just did another clean install and had to use omv-firstaid to enable the webinterface. I could ony acces the Pi with an attached screen and keyboard
    I then did

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    omv-firstinit
    wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash

after that I went to the webinterface to enable docker ce within the omv-extras. and then this:

I still get the docker error but atleast the ip tables still work.

where did you download your image? I got mine from https://sourceforge.net/projec…2_3_3Plus.img.xz/download
    I know this shouldnt matter, but I cant see what Im doing wrong

edit:
    I forgot to mention that I installed shellinabox from witin the webinterface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just did another clean install and had to use omv-firstaid to enable the webinterface.

You shouldn't have to do that. Are you using etcher?

I still get the docker error but atleast the ip tables still work.

What is the output of: journalctl -u docker

where did you download your image?

Sourceforge (I also uploaded it there).

I forgot to mention that I installed shellinabox from witin the webinterface.

I don't think that should be a problem but I have installed the plugin lately.

• Offizieller Beitrag

W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1

Apart from the fact that those need sorting what's the output of dpkg --configure -a

• Are you using etcher?

yes

What is the output of: journalctl -u docker

Apart from the fact that those need sorting what's the output of dpkg --configure -a

• This is seriously shot to bits and it should just work!
    Ok try what @ryecoaaron told @timbatao

apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui
    apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg
    dpkg -l | grep openm

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the docker service won't stop, uninstalling the plugin fails. You have to remove the postrm file I mention on a previous page. I need to fix that in the plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Wilpe see @ryecoaaron and what I have posted after this post, do that first before this

dpkg -l | grep openm

That output is showing no docker.ce reference, are there any updates in Update Management to be installed? if there is install them.

Again starting from further up the thread;

wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash wait for this to complete...back to the GUI and omv-extras should appear on the left....go in and enable Docker-CE Repo you should have to apply/save confirm changes. The OMV-Extras.org should be enabled by default, if not enable it.
    If that works go to plugins and install the docker-gui probably at the bottom of the list.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the docker service won't stop, uninstalling the plugin fails. You have to remove the postrm file I mention on a previous page. I need to fix that in the plugin.

So you're saying to do rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker-gui.postrm as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So you're saying to do rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker-gui.postrm as well.

Yes

• As I was getting a bit frustrated I went ahead and bought a new 16GB class 10 sd card and flashed it. This time I didnt need to run omv-firstaid and could connect via putty straight away. I then did apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and went to the webinterface to install docker. For that I enabled docker within the extras and went to plugins when I started the install it told me that:

Code
    dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

which I did and since then it is stuck at this screen I cant hit <ok>

should I stick with this installation or the last one? I think this one looks more promising.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!