Suggestion setup between OMV 4.1 & Kodi

• Hi all and thanks for all the good work ;)

I need some advices as I wan’t to download some (bought) movies on my omv shared folders to watch em’ on my Kodi device (XBMC). I’m not really sure of my configuration here and maybe some of you can help… Thanks in advance for reading me, and sorry about my “english-writing” as I’m not an english native speaker..!

Context :
    Two machines

- The nas (Atom Motherboard w/ 8GB DDR3 800MHz and NO HDMI)
    I can install Transmission, CouchPotato, Sonarr & Radarr

- libreElec (RPI 3 with HDMI)
    I can install Transmission, CouchPotato, Sonarr & Radarr

Shared folder with SAMBA on OMV :
    film : shared folder “flim"
    TV shows : shared folder “TV show"
    documentaries :"shared documentaries"
    music : shared folder “poumpoumtchak"
    etc...

I want to install these apps but I don’t know on which one to do it to keep balance between network and processor usage on the two machines.

- The OMV NAS : Atom Motherboard, dualcore 1.8GHz + 8GB DDR3 800MHz, Network up to 1Gbps :
    http://www.supermicro.com/prod…OM/ICH9/X7SPA-HF-D525.cfm

- Raspberry Pi 3 : 4 x ARM à 1.2GHz, 1GB LPDDR2 900MHz, Network up to 100Mbps behind a broadband over power line (BPL) (that can support 1080p movies very smoothly)

What do you think I can choose as I want to keep my speed rates as fast as it is possible in my LAN on my OMV... And as I am also concerned about power consumption (5 disk 5400/rpm), what apps on which ?

- Can you make your OMV suspend to RAM or go idle when all downloads ends or when there is no music or movie playing ?

- Is it possible with one of these apps to automate destination with extension or with metadata ?
    If downloading films-> go to shared folder flim
    If downloading TV shows -> go to shared folder TV shows
    etc...

Sorry for this big post, I really wan't to have the best setup as possible, as I'm going to make other one like this in associations :)

Thanks again,
    Rose

• Hi Geaves and thanks for your answer.

I know of LibreElec and it is already installed on my pi with sonarr / radarr / couchpotato for testing purpose, but I don't know if it's better to have them apps installed on the pi or on OMV for what I'm looking for : multiple shared folders & automatic sorting downloads, I invite you to read again my post :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Geaves and thanks for your answer.

I know of LibreElec and it is already installed on my pi with sonarr / radarr / couchpotato for testing purpose, but I don't know if it's better to have them apps installed on the pi or on OMV for what I'm looking for : multiple shared folders & automatic sorting downloads, I invite you to read again my post :)

Leave the Pi to run Kodi only, that is what it was designed for, you can then centralise the rest on omv makes it easier to manage.

• Hi Geaves and thanks a lot for your answers, I still have two questions :

- Can you make your OMV suspend to RAM or go idle or stop the drives(5 disks) when all downloads ends or when there is no music or movie playing ?

- Is it possible with one of these apps (Transmission / sonarr / radarr) to automate destination shared folder depending on extension file(.mov or .mp3 etc) or name or metadata ?
    If downloading films-> go to shared folder "flim"
    If downloading TV shows -> go to shared folder "TV shows"
    If downloading Documentaries -> go to shared folder "Documentaries"
    If downloading Music -> go to shared folder "Music"
    etc...

Thanks again,
    Rose

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you make your OMV suspend to RAM or go idle

No, but there is an option under Network>>>Interfaces select your working device click edit and activate WOL (wake on lan)

Is it possible with one of these apps (Transmission / sonarr / radarr) to automate destination shared folder depending on extension

It is possible but you might have to search for that option on how to set it up for instance this is a post regarding someone having a problem with what you want to do.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!