lost root password

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you know the password to get in the web interface? If so, just create a new user that is a member of the sudo and ssh groups. Login as that user and sudo passwd root

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Assuming that OP still has access to gui. He did not provide detailed information, so I personally can not assume anything. The basic question is therefore the basic answer. Which will also work where there is no gui access.

Well I was not the only one giving this type of answer the moderator did it also!
    Peace

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well I was not the only one giving this type of answer the moderator did it also!

And I didn't do a good job reading your post :D

Assuming that OP still has access to gui. He did not provide detailed information, so I personally can not assume anything. The basic question is therefore the basic answer. Which will also work where there is no gui access.

The chance he forgot the web interface password is much less than the root password since most people don't use the root password often. So, it isn't a bad assumption. If he forgot that one too, then there are plenty of other suggestions. No need to scold someone for assuming on a very non-dangerous suggestion.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Basic question, give a basic answer.
    This should always be a lesson for users to accurately provide information.

We aren't writing information on a wiki. This is an interactive forum. To make a few assumptions is fine. If the advice didn't work, there is no danger in this case and the user will post that it didn't work. To keep telling people we are wrong for assuming is a waste of time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sharing thoughts and exchanging opinions has never been a waste of time for me... Apparently this is a waste of time for this forum. Ok, next time I'll be sitting down and I will not write anything anymore, so I will not waste anybody's time.

Nice way to reverse that to be my fault. You were the one writing that an opinion was wrong. I just said it is a waste of time to tell us that when we assume a detail or two that it is wrong to assume. Whatever. If I am just sharing a thought and that is ok, why are you not going to write anything anymore?? I will leave this thread because it is way off topic now and I am probably just making it worse.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Without Offense, maybe take out the stick from the ***

How does one not take offense from that?

Because I have the impression that you are really uptight and you see any problems everywhere.

Nope. I will admit there are times I can't leave things alone (like this time) but shit like this is the reason I spend less and less time on the forum.

you see some things that do not take place and create conflated situations where they have never existed.

Just the opposite. nefertiti and I both thought your comment was a bit unwarranted. Then you wrote a long post back educating me because I used the word scold (which was supposed to be somewhat humorous). Thanks for making it personal though...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, you don't offend me. I have dealt with much worse without breaking a sweat and do on a regular occasion being an "adult man" in my 40s. I don't think it is too much for people to be polite or professional though. I don't expect everything to be sugar-coated but I'm not a robot either. Your condescending posts irritate and I would do much better to have a conversation like this in person.. Either way, I will make sure your wish is granted from your other post and I will continue to mod this forum with unrealistic views (although other than a very few people, it has worked quite well for over 8 years).

• Yes so long I will not miss this buffoon here.

• Who do you believe you are to insult my dead father you want to be deleted I hope the moderator will grant your wishes ASAP
    GO TO HELL

• @ryecoaaron

If you block an account, block it, but to delete all 169 posts, even those that were helpful for users. Pathetic!
    Apparently the truth hurts and you have to erase the tracks so that other users do not discover the truth!
    Two more posts to be deleted! And the matter from your head.

Pathetic! LOL....

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn’t do it. That was Volker acting on your other post.

• I didn’t do it. That was Volker acting on your other post.

Of course, of course!
    Active account, but all posts deleted. Seeing the truth was bothering someone!

I never asked him to delete posts. And what did you ask for? You already know best.
    If you're already doing private vendetta then at least have the courage to admit it.

Have fun, dear children, in the circle of mutual adoration. Pathetic.

lol

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, deleting all posts made understanding some threads quite impossible. For me, at least.

On the other hand, if you just wanted to be excluded from the forum it would have been easy: just do not log in.
    So at least I can understand why Volker deleted all your posts. For me this seemed to be your request.

But actually I think this thread should be closed now.

• deleting all posts made understanding some threads quite impossible

Second that and hope once everything calms down the posts get unhidden (even the personal and insulting ones -- I permanently have to approve posts by some fellow forum members who constantly insult due to at least one guy editing his essays over and over again so they land in the moderation queue but this doesn't matter. Insults only tell something about the sender and not the receiver. At least on such a shitty communication channel as 'the Internet')

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!