armbian-ram-logging anacron job error message keeps coming to my mail

• Hi. I'm using OpenMediaVault 4.x to my Odroid XU4 and I am using this OS so well. But there's some bothersome issue for me.
    Monit alerts me this same message every day.

[My server Name] Anacron job 'cron.daily' on [My Server Name]

run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/armbian-ram-logging exited with return code 1

anyone who can solve this? thanks :)

• ... have OMV4 odroid HC2 and the same error after restart run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/armbian-ram-logging exited with return code 1

did as requested:

• The reason you are getting that error is because of this

[ -d /var/log.hdd/ ]|| echo "ERROR: /var/log.hdd/ doesn't exist! Can't sync."

line in/usr/lib/armbian/armbian-ramlog. There is no dir called log.hdd. log.hdd is a relic from armbian that uses log2ram.

The above check is done before syncing logs that are in ram to the “disk” with the following.

rsync -aXWv--exclude armbian-ramlog.log --links /var/log/ /var/log.hdd/ 2>&1| tee -a /var/log.hdd/armbian-ramlog.log

AFAIK OMV should not be using log2ram since it is already using folder2ram. folder2ram puts a lot more then just /var/log in RAM. The reason for doing this in the first place is so the intensive IOs will not eat your SD.

folder2ram -status

Should show the following mounted in RAM.

/var/log is mounted
    /var/tmp is mounted
    /var/lib/openmediavault/rrdis mounted
    /var/spool ismounted
    /var/lib/rrdcachedis mounted
    /var/lib/monit ismounted
    /var/lib/php ismounted
    /var/lib/netatalk/CNIDis mounted
    /var/cache/samba ismounted

If you see the above then you are using folder2ram and should not be using log2ram.

Doing rm /etc/cron.daily/armbian-ram-logging should fix the error you are getting.

• Thank you for your all support.
    I accidentally fixed this problem and I forgot to come back to this forum.
    I used rm /etc/cron.daily/armbian-ram-logging method and I fixed this problem. Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!