What's the status of rclone for OMV?

• Hi Again,

I think I should be using rclone on OMV to move files between my OMV NAS and Dropbox.

It looks easy enough to install rclone from the CLI on OMV. (Which means using it from the CLI too I suppose). However, I saw there was some initial work to add an rclone plugin to extras.

Seems it didn't go very far because that validation think for dropbox is weird (and hard to document). But wondered if there was any thoughts about picking that back up.

Cheers,
    Steve

• Offizieller Beitrag

rclone was weird for a plugin back then. Maybe not now. I made the duplicati plugin instead.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It might be tricky to write a web control panel interface to get the token from, say, Dropbox, to use rclone, but you can run it from the command line--even on another machine--and it is not so difficult by running 'rclone config' it steps you through. In fact, it is worth playing around with rclone a bit on a desktop computer before trying to use it on a headless computer.

Typically the 'token' is a long phrase between curly brackets, and you can copy it from the setup dialog on one computer and paste it into a web interface on, say, the OMV machine.

It would be good if the web interface allowed rclone options such as 'exclude'.

rclone works well for this purpose, in my experience.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!