OMV File system permission for storages

• hey,

i use sveral storage with OMV but have problems to become access to all via SMB,
    i looked with extral tools to see the linux permissions for the storages and they are different, which causes my access problem.
    Why des OMV mount storages withe different filesystem permissions and different users?
    And how can i specify permissions for mount or change it ?
    i also can´t finde a overview of the assigned system permission of the storage in the OMV gui

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most likely the hdds had the permissions set before you used them for OMV. The interesting settings are not for the volumes that you show, but for the shared folder inside the volume.

The default user:group for a shared folder is root:users. The default permissions are 664. (Owner and group can read/write, others can only read.)

You can easily reset these settings using the plug in "resetperms". After installing it you have a "Reset Permissions" tab for the Shared Folders. (OMV4)

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!