(HELP) not able to install shell in a box - error

• Dear Guys ,

may i know how to resolved this ?

I have HC2 - running OMV4.x

Btw, i m need to be honest that i m newbie in this challenging war. Only will of learn that give me a power to continue this. Wahaha
    During installation of this sheel in a box plugins :

what i did :
    uninstall -
    reboot
    install back
    = SAME error

unisntall again
    update management - run check for update
    install again
    = SAME error
    ?(

Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.11) ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-shellinabox:
    openmediavault-shellinabox depends on shellinabox (>= 2.18); however:
    Package shellinabox is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-shellinabox (--configure):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    shellinabox
    openmediavault-shellinabox
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6225468>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6225468>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

>>> *************** Error ***************

<<< *************************************

>>> *************** Error ***************

<<< *************************************

afterinstallation , i will be kept on getting error message

like :
    Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/shellinabox.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.sh...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMV\Engined\Module\Shellinabox->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alexharnozd () aus folgendem Grund: Addin noobs totally

• Were you able to resolve this? IIRC, I had the same problem when I tried to do a new install of OMV 4 on an HC2 a month or so ago. The Failed to execute XPath query message sure rings a bell. I didn't attempt to resolve it at the time.

OMV 5.3.9 set up for RAID5 with (3) WD Red 4TB using repurposed Asus P8P67 i5-2500K 16GB

• And alao, i do have a problem with hc2 for docker.

Container does not really run. Kept on restarting and restarting. Did tried a few container but result are the same. Installed 3. And 3 of them always restarting.

• I have had the same problem on a first installation on my HC2 running OMV4.X.

This help me to avoid the error (do it before installing shell in a box):

Web Interface: --> Service --> SSH --> Permit root login : change to on (green) --> Save -->Apply

SSH - Console (e.g. PuTTY): Login with user root and password openmediavault

You will be requiered to change the root password! First re-enter the current password openmediavault, then enter and confirm a new root password. (Don't forget the password.)

Return to the web interface and install shell in a box.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!