Odroid xu4 ---> HC2 same installation?

• I have an installation now on a cloudshell2 (Odorid xu4) where I have a backup of the entire installation :) Can I remove the mountpoints on that installation and move this installation directly into Hc2? - When i remove mountpoint in webgui, are they removed completely so it does not conflict when I put the Sd card in Hc2?

• Offizieller Beitrag

In theory I suppose it is possible. But in practice I think you are better off installing from scratch. Faster and certain to work. And make sure to backup the SD-card when it works correctly.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• I have an installation now on a cloudshell2 (Odorid xu4)

OMFG!!! All your complaints about OMV being unstable are in the end related to using unreliable hardware?! Seriously? You used this Cloudshell 2 gimmick all the time?

You can use an OS image for XU4 directly on a HC2 but sharepoints need some attention. With USB attached SATA the drive labels differ based on the used USB-to-SATA bridge and its firmware.

I don't think Hardkernel took this into account (they use JMicron chips on the Cloudshell 2 toy and also on HC1 and HC2 but most probably the way these ICs define a drive 'label' don't match)

OMV currently mounts disks by 'label' and this is a mess with USB attached disks. BTW: you lost me with your famous last reply 'But you might pick your money on a tree in the garden or?' (my time has some value and therefore no more answers)

• It's 100% right what I said - You just say throw it out of the window if it does not work ... But I do not know how much money you have but it takes money to buy new ... - So it's an arogant pronunciation .You are very rude at times when people ask you nicely and that's a weird behavior. You can just say if you are tired of helping out rather than being rude.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!