How can i use Homefolders?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks more complex than it is... it's really quite simple.

In the OMV WebUI:

1. Click Shared folders
    2. Create a Share where home directories will be stored ("/media/uuid/Home")
    3. Click Users
    4. Click the Settings Tab
    5. Put a check mark next to "Enable Home Directories" and choose the directory
    you created to store your home folders.
    6. Click the users tab
    7. Create a user
    8. Click Shared Folders
    9. Click Add
    10. Name the share (I always use the username of the user)
    11. Choose the drive where home directories will be stored (ie, wherever you put Home in step 2)
    12. Set the path. When you set the path, I'd set it to "/Home/username", not just /Home)
    13. Depending on how private you want this share, set the permissions (I always go Admin:r/w, User:r/w, Others:no access)
    14. Save the new share.
    15. Now go to SMB/CIFS
    16. Click Add
    17. Name the share, and set the shared folder as the "username" folder you made in step 12.
    18. Check the box that says "Enable permission inheritance"
    19. Save all your changes and restart Samba.
    20. Add your new share to Windows. You're on your own here, as I don't do Windows.
    21. Enter your user credentials to use the share.

• Of course you have shared folders. It's in the left side menu.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!