Nextcloud cofigure database Localhost etc

• Following this guide and changing the dock server for Raspberry

lsioarmhf/nextcloud
    lsioarmhf/mariadb
    I was able to create an account in nextcloud like in 10:38 of the Tecno Dad Life's guide

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    the problem I think I typed enter too early when I created the admin and PW so I did not have time to configure the storage & database localhost on the Opencloud GUI front-page,
    but I am able to login in Nexcloud! and it look normal but with the generic folder how to attach my Data
    further more I do not know whereto enter credential for MySQL/MariadDB
    Where inside the Nextcloud GUI can I add those parameters?
    Or even thu CLI how to fix it without starting from scratch?

• Backup your "AppData" folder just in case, go into your running dockers select and click on modify, check if your config matches the tutorial, also a print screen of nextcloud docker config would be nice.

The storage folder is defined in the docker config under /data from what I remember.

To link the database you need to navigate to https://ip or domain

But give us some context, version of OMV, docker config of Mariadb and Nextcloud, setting the user in the db is not the same as making a nextcloud user, how did you manage to make a nextcloud user without following the setup in the guide without being connected to the db.

Also with docker it takes like 10 mins to redo this nextcloud setup, I know i did it like 10 times until I was ok with my setup.

• I am lost no idea why I am able to login I just create a user and password when I go to https://ip I am getting just the login page
    you are right got a backup from before next cloud installation going to do it again tomorrow

• I am almost there but I am getting in Nextcloud page how can I fix it?

ERROR

• Your data directory is readable by other users Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.
  • Glad that you managed to setup this, now regarding your last error, probably you assigned root user PUID 1000, root user (see https://askubuntu.com/question…770-so-that-the-directory).

I always configured for all my docker containers the admin user, which is the user for OMV admin, which is PUID 998, you can check by id admin, change that in your nextcloud docker and it should fix this.

• Glad that you managed to setup this, now regarding your last error, probably you assigned root user PUID 1000, root user (see https://askubuntu.com/question…770-so-that-the-directory).

I always configured for all my docker containers the admin user, which is the user for OMV admin, which is PUID 998, you can check by id admin, change that in your nextcloud docker and it should fix this.

I am all good now but I am definitely interested by your link next step is to figure out to sync one my folder like a symlink and not double the actual file furthermore how to configure it to access it from internet? ( but I doubt a PI will be able to do it will Probably need to invest in something better)

• Hi, I've been reading this post and some other in the forum, since I'm getting a very similar issue.

The thing is, after try nextcloud for some days, once I reboot the server, the database in the docker container starts to fail.
    Therefore I decided to use the OMV mysql plugin instead. I created the database, the user and so on, and I can log in mysql with both root and nextclouddbuser, The problem is when I try to create the admin account in the nextcloud first setup page, I still getting always the message

Code
    Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

it doesn't matter if I try to connect to the database via root or via the new db user, and I'm wondering if there is some "special" config I'm missing to connect with the mysql plugin instead of a docker container. For the nextcloud container, I followed the same video shown in the first message in this thread.

If anyone can point me in the right direccion, it would be great.

Thanks everyone!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!