Change User ID's and how to do it

• Hello Everyone,

first of all i would like to thank everybody for creating this very fine piece of software.

I installed an OMV 4.x in this summer, but i made a mistake when configuring it. When i created the users, i first created my girlfriend an at second myself. Now she has the User-ID 1000 while i have the 1001. On all my Linux-PC's, i am the only user so i have the 1000 as user id. When i now access the OMV via NFS, all the files i create look like she created them. This leads to strange reactions when saving the files or accessing some directories. The problem is not a security problem, because we are in the same group and share all files together. So it wouldn't be a big problem if all files belong to me.

I would like to correct this error, but i don't know how to do this the best way. Should i delete our 2 users and recreate us in the right sequence? Or should i try to swap her to User-ID 1003 and change myself to 1000?

Thanks

furby

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!