digikam and mysql

• hallo, i am using digikam for windows and omv with mysql plugin. it works fine with the web interface on the omv. :thumbup:
    in the digikam configuration you can use an external database for the picture details. i cannot connect to the mysql with the digikam software. =O
    can everyone help me? ?(
    best regards uwe

• Offizieller Beitrag

hallo, i am using digikam for windows and omv with mysql plugin. it works fine with the web interface on the omv. :thumbup:
    in the digikam configuration you can use an external database for the picture details. i cannot connect to the mysql with the digikam software. =O
    can everyone help me? ?(
    best regards uwe

Hm! I don't use either, but under their documentation it tells you how to set this up and to test the connection.....but it also tells you within that same documentation to use MariaDB

Snip from that documentation

If you check the Video guides by @TechnoDadLife he explains how to install MariaDB for use with Nextcloud and I could see no reason why that would not be of use.

If the software can't connect then the problem is either with the set up of the plugin or the information entered into Settings>>>Configure digiKam

• I can with the Web Interface all with the MySql - DB what i want, new DB, new tables ...
    But in the configuration of the digikam, i put in the correct information of the server and when i try the connect button, the connection had errors. when i close digikam and restart, it come an connection error.
    so it looks like as is in the configuration of the MySql Addon an Error. So i need an step to step instruction what i must do to configure the Addon , so that is works. (user, rights, ...)
    Best regards uwe

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can with the Web Interface all with the MySql - DB what i want, new DB, new tables ...

I've just installed the mysql plugin, from what I can see it's all configured from the Web Interface.

So for the plugin, Enabled it, changed the Bind to 0.0.0.0, left the port as the default and enabled SQL management site and reset the password Save>>>Apply
    Then from a web browser <ip address of server>:3360 user, login user:omvadmin password:the one I changed in the plugin

That's it I'm now greeted with a web page, then from the menu Database>>>Create New then from the drop down menu under select the newly created database, you can then go to Tools User Manager for that database.

TBH once the database is created and the user or users and their roles set up, that should be it unless you have to set up the whole DB in the MySQL web interface

If you have done that, all digikam requires is the server ip, user, password and the default port of 3306.

• that i have done too, but when i try to connect with the win64 version of digikam, the connection has no function and it get an error...

could it be better to try the 32 bit version of digikam?

best regards uwe

• Offizieller Beitrag

that i have done too, but when i try to connect with the win64 version of digikam, the connection has no function and it get an error...

could it be better to try the 32 bit version of digikam?

best regards uwe

I don't know why I do this, perhaps it's because I like a challenge :)

What has thrown me, and it's partly my fault you haven't specified the error! the error being your host can't connect (your computer)

So this is what I have done.

Installed digikam
    Installed MySQL Plugin

From web interface of mysql created a new database digikam, select that database from the drop down

Now that this is selected go to Tools>>>Add User add a user name, in host add the ip address of the computer you are going to connect from, (where digikam is installed) this is the important part!! Add a password, then set the privileges (for this I set all for the user and global)

Then ssh into omv and execute systemctl restart mysql

Now go back to digikam and enter omv's host name or ip address the user name and password you created and check connection, this should now display Database connection test successful.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!