OMV server as storage for Proxmox

• Folks,

I cant seam to find any recomendation for how to provide my OMV(3) discspace to my proxmox server as storage.

my proxmox is VE 5.2 and is the host for my online machines with fixed IP in a data center

my OMV(3) is my fileserver at home, dyn IP, NAT.

I guess connection would be through a dedicated VPN tunnel from the prxomox to the omv machine. no other trafic, but of course, at least once a day, a connection reset that is due to happen at around 5a.m.

I want to use it purely for backup purposes. So proxmox could dump its snapshots 2 way. once local, once remote on my hardware @ home.

I also could have the omv do a cron pull from the proxmox, but then accessing a backup from the proxmox host would be more complicated.

any recomendations?

I though about plaing with ceph, but dont realy know about ceph jet. I understand its kind of a raid system not over discs but over whole locations. so it would be great to have this between my home and data center storage. so both locations are always up to date.

I could run my rsnapshot backup localy, and have my data center server covered in my backup.

thanks
    Manne

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!