Filezilla Server (Su Server MS) is not able to work with shared folder OMV

• I have a Microsoft Server 2016 with FileZilla Server installed
    It must be on this server, I can not move it.

The Microsoft server has an OMV shared folder where other programs write files.
    The FTP server needs access to this folder, but I can not.
    On the other hand, FileZilla can obviously easily access a folder on server's hard disk where users do not have access rights.

At this point I can not say if it is Filezilla Server that can only see the folders on its disk or if it is a problem of incorrect rights on the OMV shared folder.

Can you help me diagnose the problem?
    I have some important business application downtime.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Perhaps I think I have identified the problem
    On a shared folder there are user rights, but how does a service or program have the same rights?

A service or a program that runs on another server / PC, Windows in this case

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Offizieller Beitrag

I might be right I might be wrong, but Filezilla Server runs using the system account :?: which you cannot set on omv, so the only way to do that is to change the account Filezilla Server uses, then add that user to omv.....that's a best guess scenario.

• I did not understand your suggestion.
    Do I have to create a user in Windows with the same name used in OVM?

Filezilla server runs as a Windows service, how do I assign this service to this user?

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry it's a long time since I've done anything like this + I'm probably not explaining myself very well this might help to clarify, what I'm trying to say is, the user running the windows service will have to have an account on OMV.
    So say 'filezilla' is the user running the windows service, create that user on omv and assign it to the share you're trying to get Filezilla to access.....normally within windows the user running a windows service is 'SYSTEM'
    This probably sounds muddier than what it's supposed too, but in essence the users (I think) will have to be the same.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The shared folder mounted in windows as smb right? If I am not mistaken a service in windows running under syatem account doesn’t have access to remote mounts by letter.

I forgot that :( so you would have to use the unc path, but access would still be based upon the permissions set on the omv share.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!