Replacing faulty mainboard: Any gotchas?

• Hi All,

I've been running my NAS on a Asrock Q1900-itx based system for years, however the mainboard has today called it quits. Ideally I'd replace with a new low voltage SoC mainboard, however I do have a Intel i5-2500k on a ASRock H61M-ITX sitting around doing nothing so will probably go that way.

My system config is as follows;

OMV 3.0.99
    1 x 32GB SSD boot device
    2 x 512GB SSHD in SW RAID 1 (for Virtual Machines)
    8 x 4TB HDD using snapraid and unionfs (using cross flashed 9240)

Given the dissimilar hardware are there any particular steps I need to follow to swap out the mainboard and have OMV recognize all the existing file systems?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Given the dissimilar hardware are there any particular steps I need to follow to swap out the mainboard and have OMV recognize all the existing file systems?

Just boot as normal with no other drives connected you'll also need a screen and keyboard and run the following on the machine not via ssh omv-firstaid select option 1 Configure Network Interface, this may error when finished, ignore it I did, then do shutdown -r now once back up make sure you can get to the gui, shutdown from the gui, connect all your drives and restart.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!