Samba Share not accepting username password Win10

• Hey all

I have been researching and try all sorts of things and I just can't work it out

I have rebuilt my server from Debian 8 and OMV3 to Debian 9 with OMV4 and been having non stop issues, for instance my bonded network technically isn't bonded as one of the adapters still picks up an IP address

Anyway the reason I am making this post is previously I had a samba share that was only accessible by me and I can't for life of me remember how I got it to work previously as I had similar issue with OMV3

I have the user set up in OMV with the same username and password as my Win10 1803 PC and it just asks me for credentials and either doesn't accept them with access denied or stats that I am already connecting with another username/password which isn't allowed

Please can someone help, I would prefer to have OMV4, I don't want to have to go back to OMV3

Thank you,
    Ash

HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 | 10GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 3TB Mirrored HDD | OMV4 (fresh build, hopefully won't have to go back to 3)

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are some threads related to this in the SMB/CIFS section.

However, this is what worked for me:
    https://bgstack15.wordpress.co…ntlm-for-windows-clients/

But I had to use 3, 4 or 5 as registry entry for the authentication level.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-…ager-authentication-level

Edit: To test you can just add ntlm auth = yes to the extra options of the SMB/CIFS settings in the GUI of OMV.
    If that works you can add the registry entry on your windows clients, or just keep it like that.
    For me there was no need to restart after the modification. Worked right away.

• Still not working, I have a suspicion that it has to do with the second ethernet adapter still picking up an IP address when it shouldn't :(

HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 | 10GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 3TB Mirrored HDD | OMV4 (fresh build, hopefully won't have to go back to 3)

• managed to solve the bonding issue I was having, but still having an issue and now unable to even access a folder that is accessible to anyone :/

• not sure how to fix this for anyone else, I was able to connect to it eventually with the above settings and added a server name entry in my host file to the IP address

• Offizieller Beitrag

Me too out of the blue got "enter network credentia"
    and192.168.2.150 OMV-SERVER is already listed in host
    I tried
    sudo smbpasswd -a username but no joy not sure what to do.

You could try installing the resetperms plugin, reset the permissions and try again.

• I am going to keep it mind actually I fixed it with OMV-firstaid option 1, lost static address I put it back as the user guide page 37 but without the Google DNS entry still not sure if it is the right way to get static IP for the board.

Beside I just placed an order to a Rockport 64 at ameridroid since they just received shipment.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Me too out of the blue got "enter network credentia"
    I tried

So, "out of the blue" you lost a statically assigned IP address in OMV4? Did this event coincide with an update?

I am going to keep it mind actually I fixed it with OMV-firstaid option 1, lost static address I put it back as the user guide page 37 but without the Google DNS entry still not sure if it is the right way to get static IP for the board.

Can you get into shares now? (If you don't specify a DNS address OMV will, usually, pick it up from your router. If your router is set to DHCP, you're most likely using your ISP's DNS.)

To the best of my knowledge, the Connect to OMV with Windows 10 How-To has worked every time. You may not be able to browse to OMV on the network, using windows explorer, but shortcuts and mapped drives work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm thoroughly confused. I thought this was a network share access problem as follows:

Me too out of the blue got "enter network credential"
    I tried

An old installation "upgraded" to 4.1.12
    ? I'm not sure where you are or what to tell you.

The only release upgrade I've ever done (from OMV3 to 4) was in a VM, with ALL plugin's removed. That went OK. If plugins are involved, odd things can happen.

Frankly, if it was me and I was having issues after doing a version upgrade (from OMV3 to 4 for example), I'd rebuild. Trying to figure out what went wrong in an upgrade is not worth the time or effort. It's best to just do a clean build.
    When you have a clean and working installation, clone your SD-card as noted in the user guide, so you'll have something to fall back on if your working SD-card fails or if something else goes wrong.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also noticed odd behavior with the OMV4 R-PI image, in the GUI.

This is from a fresh build. Do you notice anything missing?

There's no interface showing, yet the Ethernet interface exists on the command line and DCHP had issued it an address.
    (Hence the above web page.)

To configure a static address, on this build (OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus), it was necessary to click on the +ADD button, select Ethernet on the pop-down menu, and select the interface name from the Add Ethernet connection dialog box.
    After saving the add connection dialog box, then and only then, does the Ethernet interface show up in this window.

My advice would be; if you can get OMV 3.0.99 working on your R-PI, keep it and make sure to clone a copy of the working install to a file or an SD-Card.

• Beside I just placed an order to a Rockport 64 at ameridroid since they just received shipment

Nothing will change unless you resolve your local network problems.

Temporary failure resolving 'security.debian.org'

This still means you have a DNS issue in your network. You need to resolve this. As already suggested you should use the 'dig' command to get an idea what happens but for whatever reasons you don't seem to like problems being solved.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!